Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official supporters club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Guys, I know this is already a supporters club, some of you go have membership, season tickets and meet up to go to matches. Maybe some day I'll travel too, but I spend most of the matches on my couch watching and posting with you lot, so I feel we're more than just some boardsies who follow Spurs, we've become a group. Basically I'd like an official welcome pack including an Certificate of Recognition and Club Flag. Anyone else?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/fancy-starting-a-supporters-club-28092012.page?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

not for me anyway though if we got a group polo shirt with a logo on it I wouldn't mind throwing a few bob towards that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Guys, I know this is already a supporters club, some of you go have membership, season tickets and meet up to go to matches. Maybe some day I'll travel too, but I spend most of the matches on my couch watching and posting with you lot, so I feel we're more than just some boardsies who follow Spurs, we've become a group. Basically I'd like an official welcome pack including an Certificate of Recognition and Club Flag. Anyone else?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/fancy-starting-a-supporters-club-28092012.page?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It's a tough one mate. There are supporters clubs in Dublin, Kerry, Cork, Sligo, Northern Ireland and a couple more. We could certainly attempt to set up our own but it wouldn't be easy. Most of the supporters clubs meet up for games, we would need to be doing that, which would be tough as there are guys on this forum from all corners of Ireland.

Yes we could still set it up, but I'd rather we had more discussions over it than just us pair. We would need plenty of lads getting involved if we were going to do it. I'll mention it to Mullo and see what he thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

C'mon folks, Yay or Nay.

just being devil's advocate like but whats the benefit to doing it? As Hatch said we're not likely to be meeting up for games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'd love to do it tbh, and I'd chip in a bit of money for it and all, but I wouldn't be able to meet for games - I'm just a poor student :( At most I'd be able to meet up 1/2 a season. Any money I made from the summer has been blown on tickets for GAA matches, namely the 2 AI finals Galway have been in, must have somehow spent nearly €300 just on tickets, food and the night out on the 9th.. Tomorrow (and the following few days if Galway win) will be just as hefty :(

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    I'd love to do it tbh, and I'd chip in a bit of money for it and all, but I wouldn't be able to meet for games - I'm just a poor student :( At most I'd be able to meet up 1/2 a season. Any money I made from the summer has been blown on tickets for GAA matches, namely the 2 AI finals Galway have been in, must have somehow spent nearly €300 just on tickets, food and the night out on the 9th.. Tomorrow (and the following few days if Galway win) will be just as hefty :(

:D good luck tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

yiddo59 wrote: »
    just being devil's advocate like but whats the benefit to doing it? As Hatch said we're not likely to be meeting up for games etc.

Just to be recognised as an official supporters club. There are plenty of us here who participate in this forum and don't go/can't afford to go to matches but spend our time on here commenting, criticising, talking up/down the team every week. It could even lead to other things, maybe an annual meet up piss up. Even a group polo shirt would be nice.

Just to be recognised as an official supporters club. There are plenty of us here who participate in this forum and don't go/can't afford to go to matches but spend our time on here commenting, criticising, talking up/down the team every week. It could even lead to other things, maybe an annual meet up piss up. Even a group polo shirt would be nice.

Can't see any advantage to being official supporters club if people aren't gonna be going to games. Access to tickets is the main reason that groups of fans form official supporters clubs. Other than that it doesn't have a whole lot of advantages.
    Drive on with the polo shirt though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

To be a recognized official supporters club it may be worth reminding you that the rules specify

All Members must live within the city/region of their Supporters Club ... not sure how that would work with a forum based support with people living in different parts of the country ....

Unofficial maybe the best way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    To be a recognized official supporters club it may be worth reminding you that the rules specify

All Members must live within the city/region of their Supporters Club ... not sure how that would work with a forum based support with people living in different parts of the country ....

Unofficial maybe the best way to go

Was thinking about this and the point above is the main one. With all the clubs that are there already not sure where we would be recognised as from?? The real advantage to being an offical supporters club is the ticket availability and meeting for games.

• Advertisement

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Was thinking about this and the point above is the main one. With all the clubs that are there already not sure where we would be recognised as from?? The real advantage to being an offical supporters club is the ticket availability and meeting for games.

We could all move in together :eek:

Hatch99 wrote: »
    We could all move in together :eek:
    I hear you have a lovely attic conversion in your gaf.

I hear you have a lovely attic conversion in your gaf.

:D yis can all come to my gaff for one of the Europa games, 25 steaks luv ;)

Joking aside, perhaps some of the lads from the Kerry supporters club could give a view of what was needed to get their club set up?

Ask away and i'll see if i can help :)

Basically you need a minimum of 5 members .... you will need a committee consisting of Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and 2 other positions (we chose Vice Chairman and PRO)

Part of the rules say that all members need to be Spurs members also, as well as coming from the area/region where you are located.

You need to set up a seperate bank account for the supporters club where all or any funds go into. You also need to provide to Spurs a list of all your members and associated Spurs Membership number.

Fill in a load of forms , send it to Spurs and wait ... and wait .. then wait a bit more ...

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Ask away and i'll see if i can help :)

Basically you need a minimum of 5 members .... you will need a committee consisting of Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and 2 other positions (we chose Vice Chairman and PRO)

Part of the rules say that all members need to be Spurs members also, as well as coming from the area/region where you are located.

You need to set up a seperate bank account for the supporters club where all or any funds go into. You also need to provide to Spurs a list of all your members and associated Spurs Membership number.

Fill in a load of forms , send it to Spurs and wait ... and wait .. then wait a bit more ...

Cheers, that seems like a lot of work and time needed to do it. On top of that having the geographic issues we do not sure that it is worth it. My suggestion would be to join the club nearest to you who has already gone through the pain of setting it up and has an established committee etc. Anyone still think it is worth pursuing before we close this one off?

Cheers, that seems like a lot of work and time needed to do it. On top of that having the geographic issues we do not sure that it is worth it. My suggestion would be to join the club nearest to you who has already gone through the pain of setting it up and has an established committee etc. Anyone still think it is worth pursuing before we close this one off?

It's a non runner for the reasons outlined above. Still think thougfh that a forum polo or tee shirt could be a runner ;)

I look at it this way, I am from Dublin (despite the fact I live in Co. Kildare :D ) so if I wanted to join an actual Supporters club (this one aside), I'd join the one based out of Tom Mayes. Likewise if I was living in Sligo, I'd join the Sligo Spurs. If your from a county that has none, and you really want to join one, enquire about the one nearest you, Dublin, Kerry,Cork, Sligo,Belfast etc..

It would be near on impossible to manage one on this forum alone.

An example of how it works is the likes of NYC. Massive city, sizeable collection of spurs fans, they gather in the same place for every game, and happy days, but unfortunately this is not NYC.

On a more positive note, I will try and organise/plan a day trip for us all to go to a game at the lane later in the year. If we got a nice number, it would be a great day out.It will most likely be in 2013 at this stage, but something to keep in mind for those that can't travel too often. I'm sure we could manage to get a nice number of tickets between us if we pick the appropriate game.

We in the KerrySpurs supporters club are possibly looking to organise a trip for the last game of the season (Sunderland at Home)
    Be great to all meet up then in the Irish club in pretoria road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

The Offical Dublin Supporters Club, meet in Tom Mayes for every Spurs match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Just saw this on Facebook for anyone looking to get in touch with a local supporters club for meet-up for the matches....
    So we have set up a few groups in areas who have been asking about meet up these groups will be made public until the end of the week then turned to private. So far we have:

Galway - https://www.facebook.com/groups/508161082591955/

Cork - https://www.facebook.com/groups/471023979660320/

Limerick - https://www.facebook.com/groups/561495983910252/

Athlone - https://www.facebook.com/groups/170617579619390/

Drogheda - https://www.facebook.com/groups/207686882726638/

Kildare - https://www.facebook.com/groups/207551699404355/

Dublin - https://www.facebook.com/groups/243866712338982/

These have been set up to give fans chance to arrange meet ups with other fans to watch games / get tickets etc etc.

Advertisement