Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wooden shed & Bikes

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

DaveD wrote: »
    I'll let you know how well the 'glorified tent' works out after the winter then!

I ride all year round, have 2 bikes, and like to keep the GSX-R in good nick. Don't want to risk dropping it once the cold weather sets in so it gets put away.

So start it once every week,let it run/idle for around 5 minutes or so.

Take it for a slow spin down the road every month on a dry day,just to keep it running smoothly.

Simples,and doesnt cost you over 265 quid sterling either.

PS-A waterproof motorbike cover for 9 euro in Lidl will do just as good a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

DaveD wrote: »
    I'll let you know how well the 'glorified tent' works out after the winter then!

I ride all year round, have 2 bikes, and like to keep the GSX-R in good nick. Don't want to risk dropping it once the cold weather sets in so it gets put away.

Gixxers are known for having a serious problem with condensation, moreso than other bikes, start her at least once every 3 days and leave her ticking over, get her get up to 114degrees and you shouldn't have a problem. My bf has an 06 gixxer but he's driving the Superduke more lately so he leaves the gixxer tick over and heat up and hasn't had a problem with condensation yet. He had a condensation problem with his last gixxer, airbox was giving issues.

We've 6 bikes between the two of us and we start up the ones we're not driving at least twice a week and leave them tick over, only takes about 15 minutes. I've an 19 year old CB that's rarely driven (starting a cosmetic makeover on her soon) and she starts everytime with the above treatment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

large waterproof and rot proof motorbike cover with elasticated ends in Lidl for 10 euro today.

Just incase anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Dehumidifiers and refills available for €9.99 from this Thursday [18th] in Aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

Sorry to hijack the thread but thought I'd throw this question in.
    How small is too small? I have a garden shed 8'x6'. I'd have space to replace this with a 10'x8' (internal measurements) self built timber shed with concrete base. Is it worth replacing my current shed to be able to store the bike in and is 10x8 too small to be able to work on the bike?
    Just to say currently have the bike outside, covered with a waterproof bike cover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement