Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Chelsea, Sky Sports 2 K/O 12:45

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

AdamD wrote: »
    Really? Both teams were woeful, but Arsenal definitely had more chances and probably more of the ball.

Agree and I dont think Chelsea "deserved" the 3 points, they just won them thats all. I dont think both teams will fair well against better opposition like Utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I think that game summed up the Primula League, not always the highest quality, but a great game to watch and the result was never a foregone conclusion. Maybe it was better for me to watch as the result went my way mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Agree and I dont think Chelsea "deserved" the 3 points, they just won them thats all. I dont think both teams will fair well against better opposition like Utd

I reckon all the top teams will take points off each other over the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Arsenal really need to cut out those simple mistakes. It could well cost them close to 10pts this season.
    Both teams were quite underwhelming tbf and neither created a whole lot in front of goal.
    Arsenal have a great midfield but they are missing some steel IMO. They got pushed around a little too easy at time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hardest thing to take is that we didnt even make them work for it. Lousy defending, obviously still a lot of work to do. Giroud needs to start showing he's not another Chamakh, and quickly. As for Gervinho, he's not a footballer. The goal was impulsive, and he can do that. If given time to think about what he has to do, he's embarrassing. The one on one against City, and any time today he got the ball and turned, he just doesnt know what to do. Baffling that Wenger took Podolski off instead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Geoff Shrieves......worse interviewer ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I dont rate Und above Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

efb wrote: »

I agree, they have been very average so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Arsenal, always the bridesmaid...

Giroud is awful.

I thimm Arsenal & Chelsea will both trouble Utd. Both are more mobile all ober the pitch more so then Utd. The rest of the season will see but both of us will be theee or there abouts.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If thats how we play poor and we win games then ill take playing poor all season. :)
    It's an obvious case of the result dictating how the performance is viewed.

It was a pretty even game that on the balance of it, most times would have ended in a draw.

As in Manchester United? They've hardly set the league alight so far. I think Chelsea have looked better than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Great win for Chelsea and despite what some posters are saying, I think it was quite a good performance. We did exactly what was required. 3 points away from home, in a London derby, against Arsenal..

Get In

But Utd have a habot of getting results when playing badly

It's an obvious case of the result dictating how the performance is viewed.

It was a pretty even game that on the balance of it, most times would have ended in a draw.

Agree. Had Cech not saved either attempt it could have easily been 2-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

RVD420 wrote: »
    Arsenal, always the bridesmaid...

Giroud is awful.

That's harsh - he wasn't on for long yet forced Cech into a blinding save, hit the post and almost won it at the death. A fine player and his time will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Not buying a proven centre forward before the window closed showed today. Dare I say it, if van Pursestrings was played we wouldnt have lost that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

killwill wrote: »
    Arsenal really need to cut out those simple mistakes. It could well cost them close to 10pts this season.
    Both teams were quite underwhelming tbf and neither created a whole lot in front of goal.
    Arsenal have a great midfield but they are missing some steel IMO. They got pushed around a little too easy at time today.

you really need to get rid of that book of Journalist's handy Arsenal cliches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Notice he gave his white boots to white kids... (joking)

That's funny. Everything he does will now be viewed that way...

Waiter: "Hello sir, what may I get you?"
    Tezza: "White coffee please."
    Waiter: "Racist!"

:pac:

Aquila wrote: »
    Get in,the only adult Chelsea fan in the pub!surrounded by Arsenal supporting mates,very quiet they were at the final whistle!stillCech was emmense and Ramires

And I bet you are playing the "quiet satisfaction" card ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I posted a few pages back. Buddy had €10 on a 50/1 of Torres & Suarez 1st goal scorers. Jammy git. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I posted a few pages back. Buddy had €10 on a 50/1 of Torres & Suarez 1st goal scorers. Jammy git. :)

You did. Happy Punter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Caveman1 wrote: »

I'm looking forward to seeing how Chelsea do against a team that won't be just sitting back, ill go 2-1 Chelsea[/QUOTE]
    nice.
    Genuinely didn't think the Blues would win this one, missed the game was it a good 'un?

• Advertisement
Advertisement