Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to stop fringe getting greasy

• 28-09-2012 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I have a sort of side-swept fringe that covers a lot of my forehead and it always ends up looking a bit greasy halfway through the day. I have naturally oily skin and hair, and my forehead tends to get quite oily throughout the day as well. I don't think that's the cause, but it definitely doesn't help. How can I prevent my fringe from looking greasy as the day goes on? I normally wear powder on my face to tone down the oiliness but I find it's not completely effective. I wash my hair every day too, which I know isn't good for it and causes it to get greasy more quickly, but it's a tough habit to get out of!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Dry shampoo is your friend. Not sure about washing every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I have fine hair and a fringe after I wash it I dry shampoo it really well especially underneath and it's perfect for the entire day and into the next day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I always had this problem too. Blotting papers are your best friend here - Papier Poudre from the Body Shop, or Avon also used to do them.

Also, don't wash all your hair every time your hair gets greasy - put your hair in a shower cap and just wash your fringe (in the sink, obviously).

And last, but not least, don't underestimate how much of the grease in your fringe is coming from your hands. Make a conscious effort to recognise how often you sweep your fringe away from your face/tuck it behind your ears. And then make a conscious effort to try and stop doing that. Try and get into the habit of using a pen or something else to flick your fringe away from your eyes if you need to move it. You'll be amazed at the difference that makes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭rockclover1

batiste dry shampoo spray,can be bought in boots and even some supermarkets or superdrug it is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Hadn't even considered using dry shampoo to prevent the grease - I'd normally use it to fix it up but it never occurred to me to use it after washing my hair.
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    I always had this problem too. Blotting papers are your best friend here - Papier Poudre from the Body Shop, or Avon also used to do them.

Also, don't wash all your hair every time your hair gets greasy - put your hair in a shower cap and just wash your fringe (in the sink, obviously).

And last, but not least, don't underestimate how much of the grease in your fringe is coming from your hands. Make a conscious effort to recognise how often you sweep your fringe away from your face/tuck it behind your ears. And then make a conscious effort to try and stop doing that. Try and get into the habit of using a pen or something else to flick your fringe away from your eyes if you need to move it. You'll be amazed at the difference that makes.

Thanks, that's really helpful! I started paying attention to how much I touch my fringe today and realised that I do it an awful lot. It seems so obvious now but that hadn't occurred to me before, despite the fact that I try to do the same with my face so that it doesn't get spotty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Definitely dry shampoo. It's the best invention ever for fringes and for the lazy 3rd day.

Advertisement