Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Spurs match thread Sat 29 Sept.K/O 17.30 ESPN.

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Melion wrote: »
    Far superior to Modric in every department, both of them.
    No.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Watched the second half of this game. I was very suprised at just how little Utd created. Other than Walker going a bit crazy, nearly letting Kagawa in and him and Lennon letting Evra get a header in, there wasn't much created. One chance for Van Persie.

Pleased for Vilas Boas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nice one Spurs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

dfx- wrote: »
    Watched the second half of this game. I was very suprised at just how little Utd created. Other than Walker going a bit crazy, nearly letting Kagawa in and him and Lennon letting Evra get a header in, there wasn't much created. One chance for Van Persie.

Pleased for Vilas Boas.

Utd hit the frame of the goal twice, both RVP and Evra missed free headers from six yards out, RVP was clean through on goal and missed, he also had a goal disallowed for offside and they also scored two goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

adox wrote: »
    Utd hit the frame of the goal twice, both RVP and Evra missed free headers from six yards out, RVP was clean through on goal and missed, he also had a goal disallowed for offside and they also scored two goals!

I reckon United actually created more in the second half today than the did in every other game put together.
    I don't understand how a team can be so poor in the first half and then turn it on like that in the second. They need a leader who can get them going from the off and not have to wait for a bollocknig from SAF at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Wow can't believe we held out, so many mixed emotions. Words can't describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

He always does the Heart celebration every goal so it's just his celebration.

Also he prefers the Bat these days instead of the batmobile

Stupid celebration that.

Stupid celebration that.

He is obviously a Belieber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's ludicrous, ludicrous, to start Giggs and Scholes in the same game.

For all the talk of Scholes being fantastic, our midfield was shocking for all of their goals. He was defo the better of the two, but nonetheless, midfielders need to do both sides of the job.

I think it's absurd that Cleverely or Anderson aren't getting their game. I really think it's nuts. Fergie has clearly decided he's not putting his faith in youth, which I could live with. Instead, he's going for the old tried and trusted. The problem is, they aren't up to it any more against a team that is either pacey or physical. They should only be playing against teams that are in the bottom 10 of the league.

Disappointing result, but not at all surprising after the team selection.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    It's ludicrous, ludicrous, to start Giggs and Scholes in the same game.

For all the talk of Scholes being fantastic, our midfield was shocking for all of their goals. He was defo the better of the two, but nonetheless, midfielders need to do both sides of the job.

I think it's absurd that Cleverely or Anderson aren't getting their game. I really think it's nuts. Fergie has clearly decided he's not putting his faith in youth, which I could live with. Instead, he's going for the old tried and trusted. The problem is, they aren't up to it any more against a team that is either pacey or physical. They should only be playing against teams that are in the bottom 10 of the league.

Disappointing result, but not at all surprising after the team selection.

Couldn't agrere more. I think that game would have suited Anderson. Well for the first 60mins, we all know he tends to struggle after the hour mark. It appears neither Anderson or Cleverley are getting the opportunities. If they are not good enough just sell them and buy a midfileder, simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

killwill wrote: »
    Couldn't agrere more. I think that game would have suited Anderson. Well for the first 60mins, we all know he tends to struggle after the hour mark. It appears neither Anderson or Cleverley are getting the opportunities. If they are not good enough just sell them and buy a midfileder, simple.

Its obvious Fergie doesnt rate Cleverley as much as some of the fans. When i seen the team i knew we would get tore apart in the centre. Same as last week i dont know how Fergie doesnt see it. That game was perfect for Anderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When your worried about being destroyed in the middle of park by Newcastle then you know you are in trouble for season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

When your worried about being destroyed in the middle of park by Newcastle then you know you are in trouble for season.

What Newcastle done to us last season when they beat us 3-0 was embarresing. The thing is other teams seem to be catching on. I really worry away from home how we are going to keep winning. We have probably have the 6th or 7th best cm in the league which is not good enough. We may challenge for the league but forget about the Champions league. What good is it having RVP and Rooney if you cant get the ball to them. Fergie is a legend but the cm is a massive error on his part. I wouldnt mind if he was at least going to give Cleverley and Anderson a chance. 2 big games in a row where Cleverley doesnt get on the pitch at all strange.

When i saw the teams i was tempted to back Spurs only for i wouldnt do it. Rest of the lads did bad enough listening to them when their not winning money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Have you watched Newcastle play this season in the league? I wouldn't be too worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Have you watched Newcastle play this season in the league? I wouldn't be too worried.

Have you watched us play?I am worried!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Jan's celebration was great for a DC geek to watch :D

t6Gmi.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You could of said same about Spurs before yesterday.

dahat wrote: »
    Have you watched us play?I am worried!!

Yes, and you done enough to win that game last night.

Newcastle have been absolutely dreadful this season bar 20 minutes against Everton when the game should of been out of sight.

Outplayed by Aston Villa, Reading and Norwich. Although it may be the first time Tiote and Cabaye line up together this season.

You could of said same about Spurs before yesterday.

Can't agree with that man. Spurs have done all right with a new look team and a new manager and should of beat Newcastle easily. Compare the Spurs away performance at Reading to Newcastle yesterday. Chalk and Cheese.

Trust me, I'm a Newcastle fan and I would say on performance levels alone we should be bottom of the league. I am the worried one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yes, and you done enough to win that game last night.

Newcastle have been absolutely dreadful this season bar 20 minutes against Everton when the game should of been out of sight.

Outplayed by Aston Villa, Reading and Norwich. Although it may be the first time Tiote and Cabaye line up together this season.

This is the part that could beat us

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    This is the part that could beat us

Forgot they played against Spurs actually but they were crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Delighted. Not often as a spurs fan I have any bragging rights over my UTD supporting mates.

Fergie can lick my apple bag.

Pedro mendes.
    Nani handling it then kicking it into net when we should have had a free kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Fergie can lick my apple bag.

:D

Only if he gets an extra 6 minutes to finish you off.

Advertisement