Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Spurs match thread Sat 29 Sept.K/O 17.30 ESPN.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Spurs fans.

Cant argue. You deserved bit luck against us for change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

great win for the Spurs!! nail-biting stuff but delighted

Well done Spurs, great performance.

Utd's defence needs serious work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Can't believe Van Persie's chance was the last one. A terrible miss on reflection.

Ah well. Game was supposed to be over at half time. Hopefully we will learn a less from that first half and play more like we did in the 2nd for the next few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss!

Well done agent AVB

A victory for football, justice for John Terry and wonderful, wonderful day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Great entertainment that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭gary nevillevil

So it's time to play some Jive Bunny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hopefully, this will signal the end of Giggs starting and De Gea will be put back in goal. Oh, and even though he scored, Nani needs to be ****ed out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Roar wrote: »
    Nani actually has no brain.

I've said it so many times, the guy has ability but is completly clueless. Makes wrong decisions so many times, and he's not improving in that regard. He's a FIFA Street footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Wow so that's what it's like to win at Old Trafford!

In fairness United should of had a peno but just a great performance from the team dissapointing to have to dig in so much second half but great win great game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Starting giggs was a big mistake, Utd were a different team when rooney came on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

F**king hell, what a game.
    Why does it take for us to get in a mess to start playing well?
    That second half was the best we have been in a long time.
    Really thought we would get the equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well done agent AVB

What are you ****ing about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Deserved win for Spurs. Dominated the first half and defended well for the majority of the second half. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Great game, well played Spurs, they did what they had to do.

The blame for the loss lies squarely at Fergie's feet for fielding such a poorly picked first 11.

Hopefully this loss will teach him not to start Giggs anymore.

Scholes was incredible in the 2nd half. I can't ever remember seeing him look as tired as he did in the last 10 mins of this game though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is disgraceful stuff from Spurs. Parking the bus is not working for them. On another day, United get a goal from one of the plethora of chances - chance that were missed, not prevented - and they are left reeling.

Disgraceful my hole. We scored 3 goals ffs. Yeah, we were kept in our end for the last 30 minutes, but it's Utd at home, and they we constantly pressing.

Either way, fair play to Utd for making it bloody difficult. Really entertaining, but i need a lie down now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Prick! wrote: »
    Would be just like Spurs to win :( I'm going 2-1 Utd
    Blatter wrote: »
    It really wouldn't! :pac:

I was right about Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

WEll done Spurs, won the game in the first 30 minutes.

Some serious positive to take frmo our part, the tempo we played that second half was absolutely breath taking. Hopefully we can have more of that, but definitly a disappointing loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Spurs well deserved winners.

United didn't deserve anything from that game IMO. Second half was positive, but at the same time we shouldn't have to go two goals down at OT to start f*cking playing football!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I feel dirty I was cheering for Spurs! How united didn't win that is beyond me. Great match to watch for a non supporter of either team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Spurs are incredibly lucky here. AVB did not announce his arrival, as the commentator said, United should have scored at least one in the last 30 mins. Gifted the opening half by an awful team choice from Fergie.

Fergie deserves the defeat, though. Ridiculous team to start. Giggs may need to pull a Neville at this stage and take himself out of the equation. He is offering nothing other than giving Fergie hope that he can still play at the highest level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

double GG wrote: »
    At least the 2nd half performance was somewhat a positive to take from the game.

I kinda get what you mean but did you see that third goal conceded.

It's fair to say Utd were shambolic defensively and I'm not just talking about the defence.

Also think it was a mistake to take Kagawa off. I would have taken RVP off. Kagawa was exactly what was needed to try and pick the lock of the Spurs defence.

Fergie ****ed up with the team picked but even with the starting eleven some of those players need to take a serious look at themselves. Shockingly lacklustre.

A defeat was coming no doubt. I'm wondering is there some complacency in the squad? The lack of energy and application so far this season has been awful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Kiith wrote: »
    Disgraceful my hole. We scored 3 goals ffs. Yeah, we were kept in our end for the last 30 minutes, but it's Utd at home, and they we constantly pressing.

Either way, fair play to Utd for making it bloody difficult. Really entertaining, but i need a lie down now :D

Ye deserved the win, no question. Nice to see supporters from London teams here and not trolling everyone when there is a bad result for United (or other teams).

Thats one of the longest records broken - last spurs victory was 23 years ago

Thanks Fergie!

Well done agent AVB

Justice for John Terry?

WTF you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You've gotta love football :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Only caught the last 15 mins so can't really comment on the game. DeGea should be in goal imo, he's a much better keeper than Lindegard. While Lindegard is decent and makes good saves, DeGea makes unbelievable world class saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Just about held on to that lead, United were great in the second half but good resilience shown.

On another note, Giggs looks near enough finished judging by today.

Kiith wrote: »

Of course it's disgraceful. They were incredibly lucky not to concede any of those chances. Parking the bus does not work, at all. The amount of times a Spurs player had a chance to take the ball forwards and relieve pressure and none of them took responsibility.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade here. I just dislike seeing teams parking the bus because it achieves nothing. Luck and poor finishing kept Spurs in the game this evening, not that second half performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Man united defense looks very weak when its attacked,
    leaking alot of goals,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Shocked that Spurs managed to hang on, normally collapse against United in the 2nd half.

Happy for AVB, hopefully he gets a decent chance away from that shambles of a club.

Of course it's disgraceful. They were incredibly lucky not to concede any of those chances. Parking the bus does not work, at all. The amount of times a Spurs player had a chance to take the ball forwards and relieve pressure and none of them took responsibility.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade here. I just dislike seeing teams parking the bus because it achieves nothing. Luck and poor finishing kept Spurs in the game this evening, not that second half performance.

As a Utd fan if Spurs didn't park the bus I'd be happy, there'd be more space to exploit. In saying that, Spurs did the right thing.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Justice for John Terry?

WTF you on about?

Just put him on ignore and don't quote him. Easy. When Chelsea are losing, remove the ignore and have a great laugh as he completely loses the plot, blames everyone bar his team, accuses the ref of all sorts.

Well done agent AVB

That LSD must be some trip there sergeant :pac:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Justice for John Terry?

WTF you on about?

Maybe, just maybe, Fergie should keep his big mouth shut before offering an opinion on other teams players, especially when he has the biggest wife shagger of all on his own team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

crazy-ass game of football, my ashtray is overflowing.

SAF needs to cop-on with the team selections. Encouraging second half in some ways, but there's no balance or direction in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just put him on ignore and don't quote him. Easy. When Chelsea are losing, remove the ignore and have a great laugh as he completely loses the plot, blames everyone bar his team, accuses the ref of all sorts.

I just hope he no more then 16.

For Human kind sake

Man united defense looks very weak when its attacked,
    leaking alot of goals,
    It's more a reflection on the midfield tbh.
    Add to that our injury crisis in defence and it's not really fair to blame it on the defenders.

Maybe, just maybe, Fergie should keep his big mouth shut before offering an opinion on other teams players, especially when he has the biggest wife shagger of all on his own team

We'll see you at the end of the season mate. See how vocal you are then when Chelsea ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE....and England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

What has any of that got to do with..... anything?

Particularly, Spurs beating United.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Great win for Spurs.

Well done agent AVB

That LSD must be some trip there sergeant :pac:
    He should have called himself rubber soul. That's some messed up trippy shìt he comes out with :D

I just hope he no more then 16.

For Human kind sake

Here is the killer...by his own admission on his profile, he was born in 1964 :eek: That makes him almost 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You sound like a drunk incoherently rambling. You're not even linking the dots together so there's no point even quoting you.

Prick! wrote: »
    As a Utd fan if Spurs didn't park the bus I'd be happy, there'd be more space to exploit. In saying that, Spurs did the right thing.

The thing is, they were playing perfectly well until they dropped deeper and deeper. When I made the comment that was quoted, there was still 10 mins of the game left and I believed United would score. So it's not like I was bitter about their solid defending. I just thought it was idiotic in the extreme.

Here is the killer...by his own admission on his profile, he was born in 1964 :eek: That makes him almost 50.

As i said LSD,
    it must melt the brain lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

A3-wigGCEAAramK.jpg

Scholes.

adox wrote: »
    You sound like a drunk incoherently rambling. You're not even linking the dots together so there's no point even quoting you.

Just report his posts and let the mods do their jobs.

double GG wrote: »
    A3-wigGCEAAramK.jpg

Scholes.

Here's another stat Man U 2 - Spurs 3 :pac:

• Advertisement

I could actually BE 50 you know, or I could have just lied!

Anyway delighted to wind up Utd fans who are\were so quick to slag off Terry whenever the chance presents itself. Of course nothing to do with them at all

Top of the League to ya!

Advertisement