Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muppet mobiles

• 28-09-2012 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Is it just my imagination, or are there an ever increasing amount of muppet mobiles on the roads? You know the ones, usually a 1990-1997 Honda something with gold hud caps, front lights that could light up half of Leinster on a dark night, techno music blaring from within..........you get the idea. Every ****ing day this weather it seems, I can't get a day of solace with the usual

**2.5 engine on a 1990s glorified banger**......................brhhhoom bhhroom BRHHOOM BRHHOOM BROOM........BRHHHOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. **skid**

**RAVE MUSIC AT FULL VOLUME**...........Duh duh wir wir wir Duh duh............BRHHOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I seriously hate these ****ers at this stage, I wish half of them had their driving license confiscated and burnt before their eyes by the authorities. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Shag it I thought this was going to be about the iPhone 5

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Savker

I see where you are coming from on this, I too have a pain in my lower region with this shower of fools. Speed ramps outside by house was the worst thing ever, they slow down and crawl over it and then take off like a scalded cat waking the whole area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Who woke Grandad?

Savker wrote: »
    I see where you are coming from on this, I too have a pain in my lower region with this shower of fools. Speed ramps outside by house was the worst thing ever, they slow down and crawl over it and then take off like a scalded cat waking the whole area.

I thought the residents would have had to petition the council to put them in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Do people still say 'rave music'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Decreasing amount actually OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Don't bend the rules OP, rule the bends.
    And never forget: ~No Fear~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭Heroditas

There does seem to be a slight increase but not half as many sh1t-boxes as there were back circa 06/07.
    Irish "home boys" in their Glanzas.... oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

In 6th year my Dad bought me an 01 civic for my birthday, he thought all boys of that age were into the boyracer culture. I never did anything with it and sold it on a couple of years ago. Grand little car though, never gave trouble, and I was always grateful to the old man for putting me on the road. I was a broke muthafcuker in secondary school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

As long as they don't crash into me I couldn't give a fiddlers what they do. At least they're not driving around doing 20mph in some brand new Yaris or Micra like them 80 year old farts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

These creatures you speak of never survived the collapse of the Celtic Tiger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

In 6th year my Dad bought me an 01 civic for my birthday, he thought all boys of that age were into the boyracer culture. I never did anything with it and sold it on a couple of years ago. Grand little car though, never gave trouble, and I was always grateful to the old man for putting me on the road. I was a broke muthafcuker in secondary school.

Posts like this makes me think I'm out of touch with what goes on these days.:confused:

I did my Leaving in '85 & the idea of me or any of my classmates having a car just didn't exist.

My sister is a secondry school teacher & tells me that it's common practice nowadays. They had to extend the school carpark recently to cater for student's cars.

Recession?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Decreasing amount actually OP.
    They're a dying breed around here anyway, cost killed em. Now we have "Boy Greycers" in their auld lad Passats and Audi A4s. Lowered, re-mapped and on the fuel light.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

As long as they don't crash into me I couldn't give a fiddlers what they do. At least they're not driving around doing 20mph in some brand new Yaris or Micra like them 80 year old farts!
    pffft,when we are driving through the tallyho parts of cheshire,we always....always get stuck behind an old codger driving a powerful BMW or jag.
    they crawl along the road at a slugs pace and make it dangerous driving for those who drive [am luckily not one of em].
    this happened on an extremely long stretch of road and the cue that had built up behind them were furious.
    they really need to introduce driving tests every year after a certain age, and probably a maturity test for the youngest/teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Posts like this makes me think I'm out of touch with what goes on these days.:confused:

I did my Leaving in '85 & the idea of me or any of my classmates having a car just didn't exist.

My sister is a secondry school teacher & tells me that it's common practice nowadays. They had to extend the school carpark recently to cater for student's cars.

Recession?

This was in 05, so the height of the boom I suppose.

This was in 05, so the height of the boom I suppose.

Not having a go at you by any means.

It's just that old fogeys like me have some difficulty about what the expectations young folk have.

Plus, I'm wondering what kinda car my 7 year old daughter might want in 10 years hence.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

dttq wrote: »
    I

**2.5 engine on a 1990s glorified banger**......................brhhhoom bhhroom BRHHOOM BRHHOOM BROOM........BRHHHOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. **skid**

**RAVE MUSIC AT FULL VOLUME**...........Duh duh wir wir wir Duh duh............BRHHOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You do your own sound effects? Impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Did anyone else read the thread title and think it was about phones?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Old people do

Old people do

Indeed. The youngsters know it as Acid-House-Face-Melt-Trance And Bass now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

deathrider wrote: »
    Indeed. The youngsters know it as Acid-House-Face-Melt-Trance And Bass now.

Old much?

Smidge wrote: »
    Did anyone else read the thread title and think it was about phones?:o

Yup & all of a sudden my wine induced middle-aged brain decided to have a go at teens having cars.

boards eh?

Old much?

Not too much. Borderline, I'd say.

Yup & all of a sudden my wine induced middle-aged brain decided to have a go at teens having cars.

boards eh?

Would you have still had a go if it was about phones?:D

Would you have still had a go if it was about phones?:D

But of course!

I'd give a lecture about the waiting lists we had to endure to get a landline connection from the P&T.

One phone per house!!!!!!

Mobiles for everyone? Don't get me started!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

But of course!

I'd give a lecture about the waiting lists we had to endure to get a landline connection from the P&T.

One phone per house!!!!!!

Mobiles for everyone? Don't get me started!

Jaysus Grandad, now you have made me old:eek::mad::D

Most on here wont remember PT

Jaysus Grandad, now you have made me old:eek::mad::D

Most on here wont remember PT

Where's Grandad?(wandered out of his deckchair & fell in the pond)

Old, but still 'ard.:cool:

Where's Grandad?(wandered out of his deckchair & fell in the pond)

Old, but still 'ard.:cool:

Have you all your own teeth??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Recession?

When I went to college (early 90s) in Letterkenny RTC the tiny car park was nearly empty. 90% of the staff walked or got lifts. Now half the town is full of student cars. Know a few people that live less than a half mile away but they still have to drive in......and have to drive around for at least 10 minutes just to find a parking space. Its amazing what a daddy in a job can do to kids :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

a 90-97 honda is still probly a better car than a lot of newer ones op... let it go man

Not having a go at you by any means.

It's just that old fogeys like me have some difficulty about what the expectations young folk have.

Plus, I'm wondering what kinda car my 7 year old daughter might want in 10 years hence.....

An Apple iCar with an automatic gearbox and a load of onboard gadgets. They'll most likely be hybrids, be very fashionable, cost a fortune and driving an older model won't be the done thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

hud caps

Seriously, it's HUB!!!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

barone wrote: »
    a 90-97 honda is still probly a better care than a lot of newer ones op... let it go man
    You edited your post and it still looks like that !!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

spelt a word wrong, its true btw..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

Pottler wrote: »
    They're a dying breed around here anyway, cost killed em. Now we have "Boy Greycers" in their auld lad Passats and Audi A4s. Lowered, re-mapped and on the fuel light.:D

not the fuel light any more, it is called the vincent de paul nowdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

FanadMan wrote: »
    When I went to college (early 90s) in Letterkenny RTC the tiny car park was nearly empty. 90% of the staff walked or got lifts. Now half the town is full of student cars. Know a few people that live less than a half mile away but they still have to drive in......and have to drive around for at least 10 minutes just to find a parking space. Its amazing what a daddy in a job can do to kids :(

Same here. It would have cost £3,000 to insure a male teenage driver back then. There wasn't a hope of anyone doing that. Remember, houses cost 30-40k.

I knew one guy, who's parents were loaded who had a car in college. And the same in my secondary school. A few were allowed borrow their parents cars occasionally, but that was it.

I had a red '90 Honda Civic.
    Great car, took off like a rocket.
    Well it was great till the scum in the area decided they wanted it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I wish they would understand how everybody rolls their eyes and thinks they're the biggest spastics wannabe eejits when they drive past with those stupid big exhausts. Its like watching a kid run past making vroom vroom sounds from their mouth.

Stupid sounding exhaust isnt going to fool anybody that your car goes any faster you knobs.

Also another thing Ive noticed is how they all seem to put their seats back as far and low as physically possible. I saw one car last week as it looked like the guy driving it was sunbathing on a deck chair, with the mandatory hunched up right arm they all seem to sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

**2.5 engine on a 1990s glorified banger**.....................:

More like 1.4 at most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

eth0 wrote: »
    Apple iCar

iLike the sound of that... iWant one! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

despite having owned a civic among other muppet mobiles... meh, their perogitive of " off the shelf parts counts as modding its also completely original.. my car is unqiue... theirs no other tdi like mine "

stanceworks... cause someone had to take max powers place..

PaulKK wrote: »
    More like 1.4 at most

Mine was a 1.6i.
    Super little mo-mo:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Boom boom burrrrrrrrrrh boom boom. Car just went passed the house, jebus i heard the music before the car, and that was fairly loud with a s***box exhaust.
    I despise the twats that drive those yokes playing s*** music that loud must be giving them brain damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Boom boom burrrrrrrrrrh boom boom. Car just went passed the house, jebus i heard the music before the car, and that was fairly loud with a s***box exhaust.
    I despise the twats that drive those yokes playing s*** music that loud must be giving them brain damage.

you need a brain to get brain damage..

do these bucko's have one to damage in the first place?

Advertisement