Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap winter running gear in Lidl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bought plenty of Crivit's stuff from Lidl and always found them good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

murpho999 wrote: »
    Bought plenty of Crivit's stuff from Lidl and always found them good.

Always find the Crivit winter gear great. Running shorts i got this summer were shockingly bad though.

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-99F28573-63A6E32F/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=24916

Plus i have it 'good authority' (Mrs.W ;) )that Aldi will have running gear specials pretty soon..

If i recall correctly it was on the same day in Lidl and Aldi last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Tom Joad wrote: »
    If i recall correctly it was on the same day in Lidl and Aldi last year.

Aldi are out by a week this year.
    If you read the Aldi brochure for next week, in tiny letters at the bottom of the back page it says "Next week - running gear".

Me ( and Mrs Wiggle) are possibly the only people bored enough to have read the back page of the Aldi brochure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

huskerdu wrote: »

Me ( and Mrs Wiggle) are possibly the only people bored enough to have read the back page of the Aldi brochure.

You might think that Husk, but you'd be wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

any ladies walking shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Red_Apple

Aldi gear is out thursday 11th. The new brochure is on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Hey Red_Apple...or anyone else

Would you mind posting a screenshot of Aldi gear from their website please as I cant access it.

I want to see what they have next week before I hit Lidl tomorrow.

Thanks

Bull

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Red_Apple

Thanks 28064212, I dont know how to get my screenshot up on the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Still cant access that link! Its blocked here.

Anyone able post screenshot? Thanks again.

222870.jpg
    222871.jpg

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Always find the Crivit winter gear great. Running shorts i got this summer were shockingly bad though.
    +1 on the shorts, the women’s ones were shocking. Big thick elasticated waist that bunched and folded, plus they were indecently short! Bought two pairs of capri’s in Lidl also, exact same size and style, one pair were perfect, the other pair could have fit me and Mr ncmc into them! Lost the receipt and had to go straight in the bin

I find that with the Lidl and Aldi stuff, it can be a bit hit and miss. Might try the Aldi stuff next week to compare quality, I need a couple of long sleeve tops.

ncmc wrote: »
    +1 on the shorts, the women’s ones were shocking. Big thick elasticated waist that bunched and folded, plus they were indecently short! Bought two pairs of capri’s in Lidl also, exact same size and style, one pair were perfect, the other pair could have fit me and Mr ncmc into them! Lost the receipt and had to go straight in the bin

I find that with the Lidl and Aldi stuff, it can be a bit hit and miss. Might try the Aldi stuff next week to compare quality, I need a couple of long sleeve tops.

Yeah agreed it can be hit and miss - I got my long sleeve tops in Lidl last year and was delighted with them - will be back for another 2 tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Anyone confirm that an iPod classic would fit the mp3 arm wallet thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Anyone confirm that an iPod classic would fit the mp3 arm wallet thing?

It says that it's a one-size-fits-all so it should fit, but not necessarily very well i.e. the pocket might be too big. However, as it will be strapped on to your arm elastically it should be fine. Also, at that price you can't really go wrong

Thanks, realised I'll probably go for the gloves anyway and someone will more than likely have torn one of the packets open anyway, so can probably check.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

what time does lidl open tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

8am

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

28064212 wrote: »

can i ask what section of the site did you get that from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Just a heads up was in at 8 this morning.... Bought the performance top and trousers. The sizes are quite big. I'm about 6'1 and 185lbs and the large is absolutely swimming on me. Must bring them back later. I hope they have some mediums left by then. Hate not being able to try them on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Just a heads up was in at 8 this morning.... Bought the performance top and trousers. The sizes are quite big. I'm about 6'1 and 185lbs and the large is absolutely swimming on me. Must bring them back later. I hope they have some mediums left by then. Hate not being able to try them on.

thanks for that, was torn between the large and medium this morning, went for the medium in both top and bottoms and glad i did, i'm 6'1 as well and 180lbs

event wrote: »
    can i ask what section of the site did you get that from?
    Top right of the homepage, under Special Buys. That launches a flash interactive magazine, and you have an option to download the PDF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Any word on the quality of the socks this time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I was in at around 9 this morning and very little left in my size (small) :( I did pick up the high viz running top; it looks a little big though so might have to return it. I'll have to take a trip to Aldi next week I think.

Edit: yep the top is too big. In fairness to Lidl, it does say Small is 10 -12. For any women buying it, I think it's closer to a 12 or at least is a largeish size 10.

Decent selection left in the branch across from Glasnevin Cemetary.

As above 6'1", 198lbs and medium fit pretty well. 32inch inside leg and they're a little long if anything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

childers road lidl in limerick was getting gutted at 8.30 when i was there, they had a lot of stock but it was disappearing fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Just back from the Swords Lidl and all the mens socks are gone. I collared a member off staff who hadn't a clue if there are any more coming. I just got the gloves and the performance top. I'd open the box for the performance top I was about to walk out with a large until I spotted one opened and it was huge so I grabbed a medium.

Stuff was nearly all gone in my local Lidl at 8.20 :eek:.

Managed to get a long sleeve top in medium and quickly made my exit - it was like flies swarming around cowshíte at the running gear section..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

From my experience if you're in north Dublin the best Lidl to go to for the specials is the Baldoyle store. Its generally less busy than the others and gets the same amount of stock. I've beaten the mob there on a couple of occasions.

Advertisement