Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap winter running gear in Lidl

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

mossym wrote: »
    thanks for that, was torn between the large and medium this morning, went for the medium in both top and bottoms and glad i did, i'm 6'1 as well and 180lbs

I was actually thinking of jumping from the Large to the Small when I was bringing it back. Glad I didn't, the medium fits perfect. Just back from a run in them - have to say I'm suitably impressed. Given the equivalent in a top brand like Nike or whatever would have been the bones of over €100 it's decent enough quality at a great price. It'll be interesting to see how they keep after washing and wear etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I was actually thinking of jumping from the Large to the Small when I was bringing it back. Glad I didn't, the medium fits perfect. Just back from a run in them - have to say I'm suitably impressed. Given the equivalent in a top brand like Nike or whatever would have been the bones of over €100 it's decent enough quality at a great price. It'll be interesting to see how they keep after washing and wear etc.

glad to hear it, mine will be getting an airing tonight, the top at least, might let the temps drop another bit before the pants come out..

i got the shorts during the summer and didn't think much of them, the short sleeved tops were fine though, so hoping these are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Lots of stuff in LIDL Clondalkin (Nangor Road) when I stopped by at 9:30. Picked up a few pairs of gloves and a hat. They seem good. Rare enough to see running gloves in a few different sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

So for a 5'8" 155lb guy a small should do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

why is it there is always like 50 tops left in XL and never half enough in normal sizes? this always gets me!

• Advertisement

BullBauld wrote: »

Yea small is plenty big for someone of that size.

youtube! wrote: »
    why is it there is always like 50 tops left in XL and never half enough in normal sizes? this always gets me!

Perhaps because XL people are in the minority. Same for any clothes shops' sales -XS and XL, XXL etc. are always the ones left over after the early rush. If you want to get M and L you have to be in early. (You'd think places would take this into account and order more of the more common sizes, but obviously not)

I went back in to change my size at about 9am and there was mostly only XL of everything left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

medium pants fitted fine last night, although i only tried them on and didn't wear them out, i did wear one of the running tops out for a 9km run and it was fine, was nice and warm, although even at a medium i felt it was a bit big

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

BullBauld wrote: »

Except there was no small mens size in Crevit brand. Got the medium top, which will do on very cold days but won't need gloves as the sleeves come down over my arms. The "performance vest" was ok though.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week41Thursday12.htm

A pair of winter running gloves for me I think !
    (its about all I can fit into my long suffering running gear drawer!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week41Thursday12.htm

A pair of winter running gloves for me I think !
    (its about all I can fit into my long suffering running gear drawer!!!)

same problem here. Might one of the head bands though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Are the Coolmax Insoles and the runners any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Jeez, aldi across from where i work was just set upon by a pack of famished hyneas, actually put me off humanity in a way..........

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Jeez, aldi across from where i work was just set upon by a pack of famished hyneas, actually put me off humanity in a way..........

Something similar in my local Aldi. Was kinda funny though.
    I stood at the back of a bunch of women at the mens section and let them do their worst till it was safe :)

Got all I wanted though so happy out. Well actually saying that I was gonna get the mp3 holder but they had none of the accessories (hat/gloves/mp3 holder etc) for some reason.

I went in for one of those headband thingies. Ended up with two of them. And a hat. And a base layer top. And a compression set. A packet of lightbulbs. And a luggage scales. So what should've cost me 3.95 ended up costing 48 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I went in for one of those headband thingies. Ended up with two of them. And a hat. And a base layer top. And a compression set. A packet of lightbulbs. And a luggage scales. So what should've cost me 3.95 ended up costing 48 quid
    I have yet to go into Aldi and not come out without something weird that 'I just can't live without'. It's a brilliant store like that :D.

Stil, that's pretty good value for all that clobber!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭grange mac

Aldi ballincollig packed with women rumaging and trying on jackets...quite funny leaving no fellas at mens stuff then they buying two of each as dont know there size. Plenty of my size xl left. At least aldi size properly I am a L in lidl and xl in aldi. at 6.2 quite funny...

ncmc wrote: »
    I have yet to go into Aldi and not come out without something weird that 'I just can't live without'. It's a brilliant store like that :D.

Stil, that's pretty good value for all that clobber!

I was looking at one of those headbands in a well known sports shop last week and it was 32.99. You can get 11 of the Aldi ones for that, but the Alsi ones don't have Asics (or Nike or whatever it was) written on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

I went in for an sd card and one of the light rain jackets.
    Similar scenes with a group of shoppers grabbing. I went around to the other side of the aisle and leant over and picked what I wanted. :D (sheep mentality)
    No hats etc on display, hadn't been put out. Picked up 2 of the rain jackets (always handy to stash one in the car), a packet of german sausages and a bag of marshmallows, going to chance another trip to get the sd card which I forgot, and see if I can get another jacket for a buddy.

The sausages were lovely by the way.
    The marshmallows are for my hot-chocolate.

Stuff looked to be going quickly, Mallow store

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

b.harte wrote: »
    I went in for an sd card and one of the light rain jackets.
    Similar scenes with a group of shoppers grabbing. I went around to the other side of the aisle and leant over and picked what I wanted. :D (sheep mentality)
    No hats etc on display, hadn't been put out. Picked up 2 of the rain jackets (always handy to stash one in the car), a packet of german sausages and a bag of marshmallows, going to chance another trip to get the sd card which I forgot, and see if I can get another jacket for a buddy.

The sausages were lovely by the way.
    The marshmallows are for my hot-chocolate.

Stuff looked to be going quickly, Mallow store
    I can confirm the marshmallows are also lovely, I recommend them toasted over the fire ;).

Hubby was in Fermoy branch at about 11.30 and he said there was a good selection of stuff and sizes. He picked me up a jacket, sweatshirt and long sleeved t-shirt. With all that illuminous fabric, I reckon you'll be able to see me from space :D. He got similar stuff for himself. The only thing he couldn't get was the leggings for me, they still had lots of mens leggings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Got into Aldi about 6.30pm. Was looking for some of the gloves but didn't see any at all. I don't know if they were all gone or whether they had none to begin with. Managed to get everything else I was after though.

I just tried on the compression tops and they are great. Nice soft material with no seams. Not sure how beneficial compression tops are, but they'll make great base layers for winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The compression tops are really good. They fit nicely and keep you warm in the cold weather. I bought an Adidas compression top as well and it's nowhere near as good and fits badly.

Advertisement