Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Venue to hold Open Mic in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 28-09-2012 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if any of you know know of a venue in the city centre where i could hold an open mic? I need somewhere that has it's own pa system and everything. I'd be getting about 20-40 students in and if it turns out well could make it a regular thing with more people.

It is for a college society.

Preferably somewhere with a nice amount of space and of course a bar and its own pa system and speakers.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Try the Mercantile

• Registered Users Posts: 16 oisinmccole

have you tried 4 dame lane? when I was in college the music department had their chrimbo parties upstairs there and they had a nice big room upstairs with a pa (I think). I'd say do it on a monday or wednesday. I'm saying not tuesday because bankers and sweeneys both have open mics on tuesday and they're basically next door. maybe it'd would work to have three openmics all beside eachother but if you wanna avoid the direct competition then not tuesday. anyways that's my five cents. hope it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

Thanks for the replies! Will drop both of them an email! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maggieee123

Try The Grand Social too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭narwhalthe

Try The Grand Social too!

Thanks maggieee123! Just emailed them :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement