Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computers at UCC!

• 28-09-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

1) I couldn't log in to the UCC computers using my portal username and password - are these not the details we are supposed to use? Do I need to register with IT first to use computers on campus or make an appointment or something? Where do I need to do this? What do I need to know/what do I need to bring with me?

2) I want to use my own computer in UCC during the year too. Do I need to register my computer with IT for this? Also, do I need to contact them to make an appointment to set it up?

3) Is there anything else I haven't thought of, that I may need to do?! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

The password for computers on campus are different than portal, you need to get one down in the Boole basement. You also have to go there to set up your laptop to use UCC wireless but you don't need an appointment, just go to the computer room on the right in the Boole basement and talk to someone at the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sund

Thanks!

Also, where is the postgraduate section of the library and do you need an ID card to use that part?

Advertisement