Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sites that buy old iPhone

• 28-09-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone had experiences, good or bad, with either the site

Cash4phones.ie or easycashmobile.ie ??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

bondi jojo wrote: »
    Hey,

Thanks

Try www.adverts.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hey,

Thanks

what are you trying to sell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I used envirofone to sell my 3GS. No problems.

Probably could have got a better price on adverts but you have to wade through dozens of time wasters when selling anything on there. Giving stuff away for free is even hassle on adverts. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try adverts and just ignore the "swop my adds?!" peeps. I never entertain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bondi jojo

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Trying to off load old iPhone 4 Black 32GB. I'd prefer not to use the likes of done deal or adverts. I used envirofone when I got the iPhone 4 to sell my old phone and was happy with the service. I checked last week with the two I mentioned and they are offering €55-€60 more for the phone than envirofone. So I'm curious to know is it a case of 'too good to be true' and if anyone had dealings with the sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Hey,

Thanks

Sent my iphone to Cash4phones - offer was e215 and sent me an envelope to send to them. Have now received an offer of e86 as they say excessive scratches (not true, just what would be expected on a 2 year old iphone 4) and battery is flat - absolutely not true when it left me and besides how hard to charge it a little bit!

Did a search on web, too late and this company are well known for this - they will charge me to return the phone me too but, a price worth paying - I would sooner give it to a friend or a niece/nephew to use as a touch at this price.

Steer well clear of this operation - an absolute joke!!

By the way they give you an envelope to mail the phone to Dublin but then merely route the package to UK where they handle everything - absolutely impossible to raise them by telephone:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭Elessar

I always had good experiences with recycle.o2online.ie

I won't use anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

GameStop are doing good deals on apple trade ins at the minute. Thinks its €250 for a 32gig iPhone 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

iRepairexpress.ie will make you an offer on your phone just send them an email or pop into them if your in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Jimdagym wrote: »
    GameStop are doing good deals on apple trade ins at the minute. Thinks its €250 for a 32gig iPhone 4.

Yup, here http://www.gamestop.ie/iDeviceTrade

€200 for that model above, but only in instore credit. Might suit some, didn't suit me.

• Advertisement

Mikey23 wrote: »
    Yup, here http://www.gamestop.ie/iDeviceTrade

€200 for that model above, but only in instore credit. Might suit some, didn't suit me.

I got an email. They have better prices and its cash. They find it for a week just before the iPhone 5 launch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I got €260 for my 16GB iPhone 4 from http://mriphonedublin.com/ - Great guy to deal with.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

+1 for mriphonedublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

GameStop are currently offering the store credit value as cash at the minute.

On iPads & iPhone 4 & 4s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose GameStop is good if you need to get rid of it pronto.
    I sure hope they verify it somehow and and don't just buy phones from anyone.
    There's enough problem with shops selling stolen iphones as it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

biko wrote: »
    I suppose GameStop is good if you need to get rid of it pronto.
    I sure hope they verify it somehow and and don't just buy phones from anyone.
    There's enough problem with shops selling stolen iphones as it is...

You will need to show photo ID which will be logged with the IMEI you trade in.

S.

Advertisement