Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First week of vaping, now more questions.

Options
  • 29-09-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    As title says I ventured into this whole new world of e-smoking just over a week ago and haven't smoked a cigarette since starting (was on 40 a day). I am using the Kanger T2 with the Ego-C battery.
    I thought that after I started vaping myself I might gain more understanding of what the hell the posters in this forum are talking about, but alas I'm still lost. I'm still struggling to understand most of the terminology and I feel I never really will. :(

So I have no choice but to hope some kind soul here will answer some questions for me in English. :o

1. How long do the heads for the Kanger T2 last roughly and how do I know when its time for a replacement head?
    (I only know they're called heads from buying them otherwise I'd be calling them the small things with thread stickin out of em.:p)

2. Can these heads be cleaned when changing juice and if so how?

3. What difference does the the ohms measurement make when buying these heads? How does it affect the vape?

Appreciate any guidance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

1. How long do the heads for the Kanger T2 last roughly and how do I know when its time for a replacement head?
    (I only know they're called heads from buying them otherwise I'd be calling them the small things with thread stickin out of em.:p)
    Could be a week, could be three - depends on how often you vape, what juice you use and at what heat.
    You'll know when to change it 'cos it'll taste manky or produce no vapour.
    2. Can these heads be cleaned when changing juice and if so how?
    Yep, take it apart and give it a rinse a few times in a small drop of vodka, leave to dry over night. Almost as good as new.
    3. What difference does the the ohms measurement make when buying these heads? How does it affect the vape?
    Lower ohms = higher heat = more vapour and change of flavour.

Edit: Taste manly indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Thanks grindle.
    Just wondering.. if lower ohms means more flavour and vapour then what are the advantages of higher ohms? i.e. why even use them? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Higher ohm coils used at a higher voltage (with Variable Voltage devices aka VV devices) draw less current (or have less amps pushed to them) than a lower ohm device at a lower voltage delivering the same wattage (the heat and energy that delivers the vape we know and love).

For example, lets say I like an 8 watt vape... (I do! It's true!)

A 3.7v regulated mod with a 1.7ohm coil would give me that 8w heat, drawing power at 2176mAh.
    If the 3.7v regulated mod had a good 1600mAh battery inside, I'd get (theoretically) almost 44 minutes of continuous button firing.
    If each toke I take is 5 seconds long, that works out to a little over 520 tokes.

My current VV mod goes to 5.8v, so to get that 8w vape, I build a 4.2ohm coil (I use a calculator to get these numbers by the way, I didn't pop out of my mom knowing where to find an 8w vape!).
    This setup draws ~1381mAh, which means the same 1600mAh battery would last (theoretically) for 69m 30s, or (at 5 seconds a toke) 834 tokes.

Different device, same battery, higher ohm coil, same wattage, same vape...
    60% increased vaping time.

And that's the story of higher ohms/VV.

Sorry if that's a boring read, but it tells the tale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wattage is the power of the vape.. so a 10w (say a low ohm coil at a high voltage) vape is warmer and might have a somewhat different flavour than a 5w (a standard ohm coil at a moderate voltage) vape on the same juice. talking about resistance and voltages is really only shorthand (although many don't realise) for talking about wattage.

the battery life as grindle said is also a large part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Thanks guys,

Thats one less thing to be puzzled about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement