Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to paddle right..

Options
  • 29-09-2012 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

What is the right way go paddle on A surf board or bodyboard.

My left shoulder is very sore from paddling the wrong way.
    I think I have damaged my rotator cuff
    as some of ye are more experienced than me,can anyone give me a tip on the right way to paddle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Paddle like you would swim? One stroke at a time. Nice and easy not too fast.

How are you paddling now?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I was paddling like I was swimming but my shoulders cant handle it Im on a 42 inch bodyboard
    from looking at clips on youtube It looks like they are kinda paddling different to swimming

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Northclare wrote: »
    I was paddling like I was swimming but my shoulders cant handle it Im on a 42 inch bodyboard
    from looking at clips on youtube It looks like they are kinda paddling different to swimming

Are you not using fins? I don't bodyboard but I always thought you catch the waves using your legs rather than paddling like you would on a surf board.

Sometimes Mick a paddle is needed to get more speed, but thanks for pointing that out,as I might be a bit slow on the fins.

I think there's more swells coming in on Monday so ill be flipping flying it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

The smaller the surfboard the lower you are in the water. This puts added strain on your shoulders. Your asking for problems paddling a bodyboard thats not planing a bit. The more you arch your back the smaller the strain on your shoulders. Don't know if that applys to body boarding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Never seen it myself (paddling a bodyboard), best get those fins working.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭killedsirius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpLoA4Dzn8&feature=related this guy does a lot of paddling, looks similar to surfing paddling initially. Arched back etc. It's what i do in both surfing and bodyboarding (but most of your propulsion comes from kicking in the latter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpLoA4Dzn8&feature=related this guy does a lot of paddling, looks similar to surfing paddling initially. Arched back etc. It's what i do in both surfing and bodyboarding (but most of your propulsion comes from kicking in the latter)

Thanks for that.
    I'll check it out on a PC later on, my connection is weak here.

Advertisement