Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You need to earn double your Irish wage in australia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Sweet Jesus someone must have been really craving a BLT to pay $16 for some lettuce

In woollies the other day they were trying To flog off old stock. For $3 i got a head of organic lettuce, 3 avacados,a couple of apples& pears, a grapefruit and a bunch of baby carrots.. Result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Feelgood wrote: »

I did however see a kg of grapes last night for $12.99 and they weren't even organic.

Why would when you can get them in a bottle for about $8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

I'm a student here now and I just get over $560 a week. The gov raised the tax free allowance from 6000 to 18000, so I'm not so bad....still making more than some of the people working back home.

I bought a bike so I dont have to pay for transport. I shop in Lidl.

Rent and food come to about $280 a week. If you're smart out here you can go well and make a lot of cash....if you're coming for the cash...come here yes. Anyone that says no, please tell me another place on the planet with better prospects for a native English speaker.

You should get about $1,000 if you have any decent qualifications. On that, saving $500 or €350 a week should be possible even with a few beers.

Drink in before you go out.

Advertisement