Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android tablet v Ipod touch.

• 29-09-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Want to purchase one or the other today in a bricks and motar store for my 10 yr old.
    Can anyone reccomend either way which would be better €200 max spend
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

moonshadow wrote: »
    Want to purchase one or the other today in a bricks and motar store for my 10 yr old.
    Can anyone reccomend either way which would be better €200 max spend
    Thanks.

239.99 Asus Nexus 7 in HMV, is your best bet imo. And snaffle a bunch of the 25c apps in the 25 billionth download sale that has 3 days left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

My first instinct is to ask how the 10 year old will use the device and then buy the one that is best for those needs.

However, having had a nexus 7 for 2 months and and getting a cracked screen despite treating it as gently as possible, I don't think this device is robust enough for normal use and definitely not for a ten year old child.

Have a look at Android central and see what sort of damage is being reported.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-forum/194197-oops-dropped-cracked-nexus-7-screen-sol.html
    Mine took a vary small fall and has no obvious damage to the unit other than a hairline crack. Other users report the screens cracking while typing with thumbs on the screen.

I can't see one lasting too long in the hands of a normal 10 year old.

At a minimum buy accidental damage insurance. They cost as much to repair as to buy new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

My 8yo and 6yo used mine for 3 weeks on holiday including a drive to France and back, and it's as good as the day I bought it. I guess YMMV.

Advertisement