Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding friends in Kilkenny - impossible?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gypsy Roman

Yeah id organise one no bother,if any of the above people are interested mail me and we will set something up.

Try the Hill-Walking Clubs, - http://tyndallmountainclub.blogspot.ie/ (They meet sundays at the Cineplex) and Kilkenny Walkers Club (every second sun at the Castle Park gates 9.30). Its a lovely way to meet people and put in the day. Tyndall have an easy walk this Sun (11th) from the cinema at 10oc and a tougher walk starting at 9.30. Kilkenny Walkers are meeting this coming Sunday too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Ill be your friend with benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stacie_D

Hey Guys,
    I Think I commented on an old post like this.. But anyway.
    I was wondering if any of you made friends yet?
    Im from Kilkenny myself but all my friends have moved away and going to college etc so majority of the time Im alone.
    I also lost my job recently too so..
    Anyway Im only 20 so I might be a bit young...
    But if anyone has advice please share :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

you could always try one of the many different clubs in town?? kayaking? kickboxing, what are you in to?

• Advertisement

Yeah see thats the thing I hate sport :O
    So... I Love horse riding though but its not great for the social side :/

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

stacie_D wrote: »
    Yeah see thats the thing I hate sport :O
    So... I Love horse riding though but its not great for the social side :/

Top flight equestrian centre /AKA Warrington 10 mins from city centre.

Lessons midweek - Tues/Thurs night in the indoor arena @ €25

cross country treks at weekends €25

good course with lots of jumps

havent been out in years so may need to update info

they have great facilities

there is also a place in Castlecomer - heard good things about them but never went - Mount Juliet have a riding school too - out there once - super facillites and great horses - as you can imagine - €€€

well, what are you into?? Also i dont consider kayaking a sport I consider it a great ****ing time :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I'm the same hate sport.

Ya could try this. http://www.meetup.com/online-marketing-kilkenny

I'm not sure I wanted to do a few courses with the VEC but ya have to be 21 :/
    Yeah I joined that but its a bit confusing :/
    Im looking around for a few hobbies and stuff but there all very sporty :L

• Advertisement

what are you into, be easier if you tell us so we can point you one way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Easter17

You could start your own social group/club like i did. See Kilkenny Social Club on Meetup.com. Probably a bit of an older age group, mostly 30's and 40's but am sure there are plenty of people in 20's that would love to see something similar for that age group. Worth a try, we have 250ish members and its great, had no friends here before it. Best thing i ever did.

I dont have a hobby per se but I do like kinda... Baking and beauty/make up type of a thing.
    But as I said all the courses in the VEC are over 21's so...

Yeah Ill try the meetMe site. Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The ICA is for you.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Follow the Plan

Is there much indoor footy going on around the city for the winter, would love to join a team/get a team together. Sick of the drink based stuff.

yeah there is, captain havoc was lookin for players last week or so

Advertisement