Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norwich v Liverpool Saturday 29th September KO 15:00 (Setanta Sports 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

2-0!! SUAREZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

... Lost for words...

Luis, hates the easy goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Suarez! Have him as captain aswell! 2-0!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Suarez redeems himself. Gwan the boy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Outside of the boot. Missing the easy ones and banging in the hard one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

YES YES YES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

That was a stunning goal. He made a mickey out of the defender twice and that finish was sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone in yellow is going to walk today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

My stream was so embarrassed by the first miss it froze and I missed the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Barnett should be off the field at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Lol that's sensational response after the miss. Nutmeg and then unreal finish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

He was 25/1 this morning for a hat-trick :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Suarez had been sensational and Liverpool are a joy to watch today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

He is a funny player all the same, cant do easy finishes but then capable of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I <3 Luis Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

More of the same please lads. If the refs don't want to see clear fouls, then take the game out of the ref's hand by scoring enough for a win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

aaronh007 wrote: »
    ... Lost for words...

Luis, hates the easy goals.

I was thinking the same thing.

Gregg Bakowski @GreggBakowski

It's gonna take two lads wearing hoodies to beat Suarez up and rob his iPhone in the box before he gets a penalty again this year.

Some goal after a shocking miss.

Only likes to score the hard ones!!

Nutmeg again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Allen has been excellent today......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Careful now or you'll be accused of delusion
    True fans will understand what Rodgers is trying to do and recognise that while we have potential, we need to give the man time to fix the disaster that Kenny left behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Suso just looks so comfortable on the ball. Great to see the guy play.

Is this game on radio? (Apart from talksport) have to head to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

True fans will understand what Rodgers is trying to do and recognise that while we have potential, we need to give the man time to fix the disaster that Kenny left behind.

Ah now come on.

Being a true fan doesn't mean honestly thinking we will get top four.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Suso just looks so comfortable on the ball. Great to see the guy play.

Good on the ball but he's a liability without it. He's been slow on the cover a few times already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

wisdom WTF??

dON'T DO THAT!

Nice balance to the team as well......need to kill of this game now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gerrard filling the Shelvey 'stop and stare when you lose the ball' role this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So just two months after many of us were lamenting the sadness that no attacking players of note had made the transition from youth/reserves to first team since Gerrard and then Suso/Sterling come along at once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Rodgers took note,

Wisdom!! Why you throwing ball into our box with yellow shirts all around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Masterstroke (mas·ter·stroke) <Noun> : Transferring Luis Suarez into your FF team and making him captain

you beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Wisdom looks like he has been playing for the first team for years..very impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Norwich consistently putting decent balls into the box from the left, only time they look threatening. Reckon Holt will be on early in the 2nd half (presuming he's on the bench?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

That was a ****ing joy to watch... quality interplay, people showing for the ball constantly. Need to tighten up a bit without the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Easy for Liverpool, looks like luckycharms is going to break his duck with these matchthreads :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

retalivity wrote: »
    Masterstroke (mas·ter·stroke) <Noun> : Transferring Luis Suarez into your FF team and making him captain

you beauty!

I did the same, have Jelavic too :D

8-10 wrote: »
    Norwich consistently putting decent balls into the box from the left, only time they look threatening. Reckon Holt will be on early in the 2nd half (presuming he's on the bench?)

Yeah - think Wisdom has been poor so far but he's not getting much protection from Suso either.

Allen, Sahin, Johnson, Suso, Gerrard and Suarez all having good games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Suarez looks great with technical players like suso and sahin around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Typical from Suarez, miss a sitter and then minutes later convert a harder chance with the outside of his foot.

I also got Suarez in my FF and as captain this week, just had a feeling! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Melion wrote: »
    I did the same, have Jelavic too :D

Jelavic didnt do a thing yet this season, I drop him and he scores a brace. Not happy!

• Advertisement

mav79 wrote: »
    Suarez looks great with technical players like suso and sahin around him.

Imagine what he'd be like with a top striker beside him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Top four this season?

I was joking about the delusional stereotype anyway, I should have added a smiley :)

8-10 wrote: »

He is.

Re Wisdom he looks completely comfortable and Glen-Jo is looking perfectly fine down the left albeit against yokels.

Other observations - Sahin clearly wants to get forward a pick up a cross or pick up the pieces for a another go, excellent all round performance so far, Suso very smooth, Sterling needs to up his game in this company ;) Skrtel did brilliantly for one down the line clearance I doubt he'd even have tried that a season ago. Oh and Reina makes brilliant save but alas of an offside ball. Oh well! :p

Suso link up play has been excellent, looks good on the ball but he's not tracking back and leaving Wisdom exposed.....could have cost us in the game, that needs to be sorted, other than that think we had a very good half, need a third to kill the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Very happy with the performance but still absolutely fuming over the penalty appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Sahin is really finding his feet. Really hope we can hang on to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

A point on Suso not tracking back, that may be true but he's also staying in a position to offer a quick out ball if we win possession back. allows us to counter attack a lot more effectively.

Very happy with the performance but still absolutely fuming over the penalty appeal.

You should have seen the peno for Fulham against ManCity that was given versus the Suarez foul.........its beyond ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

What a half two goals and great football to watch. Surely today dispels the notion that Suarez isn't a scorer. Ref is a joke though, Suarez should have had 2 penalties. Norwich look very very poor at the back, I feel for Hughton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

All the frustrations of the start of this season are going to come to a head and I think Norwich are going to be the unfortunate recipients of our fury. Suarez to get two, Sterling to get one, Assaidi to come on late to give a final scoreline of 4-0. The Rodgers detractors are going to be eating an awful lof of humble pie.
    So far so good!

• Advertisement
Advertisement