Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norwich v Liverpool Saturday 29th September KO 15:00 (Setanta Sports 1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bit annoyed at the their second goal, but overall, obviously, delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The defensive errors are just that. Errors, they can be corrected. It's individual mistakes from players of proven quality. They'll come good back there lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Turtyturd wrote: »
    cambo2008 wrote: »
    I've never put anybody on ignore. Not going to start now.

bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch.

You should probably take the second option then.:pac:
    Yea sure man, might see you in the United thread later......if we go a goal down or get a dodgy decision......
    #hypocrite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Great to get the first win of the season. A lot of positives from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Next stop top 4, probably best to wait til Christmas before deciding if we can challenge for the league. G'wan The Rodgers...never doubted him.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

NukaCola wrote: »
    Joe Allen has been our best signing since Suarez

He's been great. Gotta hold up my hands and admit I thought we massively overpayed for a player we didn't need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Great to finally get a win.

Played some lovely stuff at times.

However, we have serious issues at the back. We can't stop conceding goals & we can't expect Suarez to be that good every week meaning we can get away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Looks like some crazy refereeing decisions in Fulham game by same ref as last week,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Hope we can build on this now.....we were poor against WB(EPL) and Arsenal but we played at a similar level against ManC/ManU/Sunderland.....more performances like that please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Unreal stuff :D but like its been said the defence looked shakey at timestoday, I'd like to see Coates in for skrtle and get a run of games and see what he's really like. Joe Allen has been worth every penny we paid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

NukaCola wrote: »
    Hope we can build on this now.....we were poor against WB(EPL) and Arsenal but we played at a similar level against ManC/ManU/Sunderland.....more performances like that please!

Yeah more performances like that and you'll get midtable at best. Ye have serious problems at the back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Prick! wrote: »
    Yeah more performances like that and you'll get midtable at best. Ye have serious problems at the back.

Here we go :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Delighted for the win, our defense needs to been fixed up a bit, but Johnson was off and Carragher was on for the second, plus we had Wisdom in the team who did a good job in his first ever league start. Suso was great, delighted that he is being given the chance, it's all slowly but surely coming together.

In regards to the Jan transfer window, a goal scoring striker? Another defender? If the youth players keep going as they are we should do well, we just need more goals. Today it all clicked, apart from our defense.

Melion wrote: »
    Here we go :rolleyes:

Ah ye Liverpool fans, everyones always out to troll ye aren't they?

Winning performances get you mid table?....there is a flaw in your logic.

• Advertisement

You're not gonna score 5 every week, but you may well concede 2.

Today's performance won't beat every team. There's a flaw in your logic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Nice to see us knock in a few goals, disappointing to give away a couple of sloppy goals ourselves, but a good day overall.

As Kess says Yanga-Mbiwa is out of contract next summer, would be a real upgrade on Skrtel. I have a feeling he is Milan bound though, clubs will be crawling all over him.

A silly time to bring this up, after a great win and all. I honestly think it would have been smart to cash in on Skrtel this summer if we had received a huge offer. He is a good centre half but with the inflated fee we may have got for him we could have signed not only a central defender with more potential but the extra cash could have been put towards a striker aswell.

Have never been fully convinced by Skrtel to be honest.

We're not going to concede 2 every week, but we may score 5.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

We're going to concede 2 goals every week? Every single week? We're going to concede 70+ goals? Yea ok.

• Advertisement

We're not going to concede 2 every week, but we may score 5.

Lol. You if you play like the way you did today you won't score 5. Norwice were poor and will probably get relegated.

The 2 goals were down to your defence and that doesn't matter what opposition you play.

mayordenis wrote: »
    We're going to concede 2 goals every week? Every single week? We're going to concede 70+ goals? Yea ok.

"If we play like we did today we'll do well"

Yeah, if you play like this today you'll concede 70+ goals. Not hard to grasp.

It's easier to concede goals than score goals. Scoring goals is in part because of the other team, if the other team plays well defencively they'll keep ye out, but you'll still be **** at the back.

Lol. You if you play like the way you did today you won't score 5. Norwice were poor and will probably get relegated.

The 2 goals were down to your defence and that doesn't matter what opposition you play.

Lol. We if we play like the way we did today we will score 5. Norwice were made to look poor and will probably not get relegated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seriously coming on here with a name like Prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

"If we play like we did today we'll do well"

Yeah, if you play like this today you'll concede 70+ goals. Not hard to grasp.

It's easier to concede goals than score goals. Scoring goals is in part because of the other team, if the other team plays well defencively they'll keep ye out, but you'll still be **** at the back.

Such an apt user name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

People complaining about the defence need to realise 2 things.

1 - this Norwich team are extremely capable on the break and can cause anyone.
    2 - most importantly, today we were set up a lot more adventurously than usual.

If we had played Coates or whoever, they would have dealt with the same problems as the players who played today, ie, they weren't getting as much cover as usual.

Rodgers got the tactics spot on if you ask me. He took the shackles off our creative players and they duly did the business. Leaking a few goals is fine by me if we can attack like we did today on a regular basis.

luzon wrote: »
    Such an apt user name.

So creative. :rolleyes:

Seeing as you called me a prick. You're a prick.

Lol. We if we play like the way we did today we will score 5. Norwice were made to look poor and will probably not get relegated.

No you won't. Didn't you apparantly play like this against Utd? Didn't score 5 :rolleyes:

And Norwich are a poor side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Some people never learn. Is it that hard to ignore?

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Some people never learn. Is it that hard to ignore?

Living in a bubble. Living in a bubble.

• Advertisement

No you won't. Didn't you apparantly play like this against Utd? Didn't score 5 :rolleyes:

And Norwich are a poor side.

Roger in disguise?

Roger in disguise?

Yeah I'm Roger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

People complaining about the defence need to realise 2 things.

1 - this Norwich team are extremely capable on the break and can cause anyone.
    2 - most importantly, today we were set up a lot more adventurously than usual.

If we had played Coates or whoever, they would have dealt with the same problems as the players who played today, ie, they weren't getting as much cover as usual.

Rodgers got the tactics spot on if you ask me. He took the shackles off our creative players and they duly did the business. Leaking a few goals is fine by me if we can attack like we did today on a regular basis.

It's been a good day, but the defence definately needs tightening up.

12 goals conceded in 6 league games is problematic. And theres no Carra to blame either in fairness for the majority of that.

Saying all that though, I think we will see improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Yeah I'm Roger.

Well you certainly picked the right username :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Paranoid much, Jesus, even when hammering a team, it's still all about the opposition fans.
    Enjoy the f**king win and top performance and stop bitching and moaning for a change.

Interesting that you yourself felt you needed to respond to that post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Hey Prick, shouldn't you be more interested in those other pricks playing at the moment instead of cluttering up this here winners thread with your ironic behaviour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Big Knox wrote: »
    Hey Prick, shouldn't you be more interested in those other pricks playing at the moment instead of cluttering up this here winners thread with your ironic behaviour?

Its bound to get worse now because he will be in extra bad mood over the way it has gone .

Big Knox wrote: »

Lol. Can't win every game.

It's change from ye'r motto "can't win any game".

monkey9 wrote: »
    Paranoid much, Jesus, even when hammering a team, it's still all about the opposition fans.
    Enjoy the f**king win and top performance and stop bitching and moaning for a change.

Interesting that you yourself felt you needed to respond to that post
    Only seen this now.
    What's interesting about it?
    I posted most of the way through the game.
    I stopped watching it just before the 5th goal to switch to ESPN to watch the preview of our own game, you know, the team I support.

Came back to see that comment. That's why I responded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Only seen this now.
    I stopped watching it just before the 5th goal to switch to ESPN to watch the preview of our own game, you know, the team I support.

Follow your own advice and stop paying attention to opposition fans

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Lol. Can't win every game.

It's change from ye'r motto "can't win any game".

We won today, and on Wednesday night :confused:

Tox56 wrote: »
    Follow your own advice and stop paying attention to opposition fans
    Ok boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good win for Liverpool today.

Played very well. Bit suspect at back, but if you can score more then opposition.......

I think I have more fate in Rodgers then most Pool fans last couple of weeks though:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

From the lad who posted this in the United thread during the week :pac:

Fergie controls all the referees....... Liverpool thread turning into RAWK. Classic stuff.
    I'd love to join in but I'd be kept there all night.

From the lad who posted this in the United thread during the week :pac:

Fergie controls all the referees....... Liverpool thread turning into RAWK. Classic stuff.
    I'd love to join in but I'd be kept there all night.
    And??
    That's just pointing out more paranoia from a Liverpool fan,after a match involving both teams.
    Poor effort.

• Advertisement

Only seen this now.

Interesting that you feel you needed to respond to a post delighting in the fact that this thread would be free of trolls, like you took it personally or something.

They hunt in packs...

Only seen this now.

Interesting that you feel you needed to respond to a post delighting in the fact that this thread would be free of trolls, like you took it personally or something.
    That wasn't the post I was replying to.
    Quoting from phone included the post that the other poster was replying to.

They hunt in packs...

So who are you a re-reg off??

So who are you a re-reg off??

Emmmm....not gonna tell you.

Re-regging isn't a bannable offence you know :rolleyes:

I haven't been banned before so yeah...haha!

• Advertisement
Advertisement