Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI credit card debt - settlement possible?

• 29-09-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have a 7500 credit card balance with BOI at the moment I am paying €125 a month for 6 months they have stopped all interest and fees for now., I now have €3500 to spare if I offered them this would the accept it as a final settlement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Usually you have to be in long-time arrears before they will write off and settle, as far as MBNA are concerned anyway. I doubt BoI would be any different, especially if you have been making regular payments for 6 months, why not just use the 3.5k to hit a chunk off the balance?

A balance of 4k is easier with monthly payments, you could have it gone in a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 simonjo

Have been in arrears since 2010 they review it every 6 months and keep lookin for payments to increase even though they know my wages have not just want to get it cleared the €3500 was a win on lotto thought I might put it to good use

Advertisement