Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find Bonnafee Pie in Cork?

Options
  • 29-09-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I do not know if i spelt that right, but Bonnafee pie is a pie/cake with crumble, cream and bananna bits in it? its well known so ye probly know what i am talking about.

Going out tonight for a bit of grub and i am wondering is there any places either restaurants (preferably a cafe) that does this pie? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 spiral1

Nash 19 has the BEST Bannoffee Pie in Cork - in my opinion..enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Scoozis does banoffi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

rogertuohy wrote: »
    I do not know if i spelt that right, but Bonnafee pie is a pie/cake with crumble, cream and bananna bits in it? its well known so ye probly know what i am talking about.

It's Banoffee as in Banana & Toffee but there are a few different ways to spell the ending (..ee, ..i, ..ey, ..y)

Last time I had it was in Market Lane at Christmas and it was good, it's fairly easy to find but the recipes and quality vary hugely, it hasn't gone out of fashion yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rogertuohy

thanks for the replies :) think ill go with nash 19 because scoozis isnt that great in general

• Registered Users Posts: 10 spiral1

Did you get to Nash 19 to try their pie??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It's so easy to make esp. with the dulche de leche tins, nothing nicer than freshly made banoffee so hard to get a really nice one in a coffee shop etc. the bananas go icky and brown if left too long...would love some right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rogertuohy

spiral1 wrote: »
    Did you get to Nash 19 to try their pie??

I went a bit later in the evening and it was closed, so we ended up going into scoozis, it was nice and we got big slices for 5 euro. Ill try Nash 19 somtime though :)

Advertisement