Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video capture software for mini dv

Options
  • 29-09-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Can anyone recomend a preferably free program to capture footage from my Sony hvr 1000?.
    I have Adobe but it is a non genuine or hacked version and it wont capture HD footage :(.
    I also have Corel but I'm having major trouble with the video capture driver on this and badly need to get on with editing some projects I have on tape :rolleyes:

Any help would be greatfully received :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

I use Roxio Toast for troublesome converts

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/default.html?rTrack=m_pro_toast

As you're on a budget you might find another way to get that software above, or one that will do the same job! Depending on whether you're on mac or pc, you might find freeware, like MPEG Streamclip(there's a download link here) that will extract the actual files for you, be they MP4/MOVs etc.

You might also find something on the Sony site, I have an Ex3 camera, and have to use a thing called XD CAM Transfer to get .movs that I can work with in Final Cut-maybe check out sony site to see if there's something similar. Hope that's of some use to you!

Advertisement