Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Somethings you wonder about ...

• 29-09-2012 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Just came across Craigs list a friend was going on about it last night and although I heard about it before never looked into it.

So just decided there too have a look and are they for real on that site ? Like some of the stuff, I'm actually in knots laughing here.

I would link but it's a bit non safe so I will leave it.

They can't be serious..

But :pac:

So that's what I am wondering about.. Yourself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Why do dogs hate cats more than other animals, and what criteria do they use for liking and disliking other dogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Why do people smoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Never looked into it either until you brought it up there. Oh I think these people are very much serious about what they're looking for.

You are talking about the dodgy sex meets yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Why do people smoke?

Cause they think it's cool?
    1ZRed wrote: »
    Never looked into it either until you brought it up there. Oh I think these people are very much serious about what they're looking for.

You are talking about the dodgy sex meets yeah?

Yeah the dodgy sex meets some of them are seriously like are you for real !

One of them there was ' I am going for a drink after work with my girlfriend, she wants a bloke to give her a good rallying'

I mean? Why isn't the bloke giving her a good rallying ? !

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ahava

You know how they say that if something is meant to be yours, it will be no matter what? I wonder about that...

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »
    Cause they think it's cool?

When someone is in their teens / early twenties maybe, but what about all the rest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

why do eyebrows exist?

why do eyebrows exist?

To keep sweat out of your eyes apparently.

When someone is in their teens / early twenties maybe, but what about all the rest?

Just no willpower to stop or don't want to stop and go on about telling people they want to stop are going to stop for years on end.

Or the non smoker , who smokes weed with cigarettes then tells you they have given up the fags. Eh? No. There's still cigarettes in the joint? :confused:

"Looking 4 sexless relationship -22" sounds nice :pac:

• Advertisement

"Looking 4 sexless relationship -22" sounds nice :pac:

Would that not be a friendship then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

im wondering about the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Why does no one in Ireland have proper rain gear?

Birneybau wrote: »

I do, but most days I wear it, it doesn't rain. The days I decide not to wear it, it pours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Birneybau wrote: »
    We do - a light jumper and jeans. The rest of the world just go for overkill. I've tested it and I'm deffo waterproof, I had baths and everything and was grand. Hence light jumper and jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Pottler wrote: »
    We do - a light jumper and jeans. The rest of the world just go for overkill. I've tested it and I'm deffo waterproof, I had baths and everything and was grand. Hence light jumper and jeans.

I agree with you to a point, Mr Pottler... though I do have rain gear .. I can never find it when its raining, though when not I end up tripping over the fcukin' stuff.
    Though I would like a pair of snow skis in case of snowmaggedon.

mattjack wrote: »
    I agree with you to a point, Mr Pottler... though I do have rain gear .. I can never find it when its raining, though when not I end up tripping over the fcukin' stuff.
    Though I would like a pair of snow skis in case of snowmaggedon.
    Aldi will have them in a week or two. You can store them with the rain-gear. I have 695 jackets, dumped around strategically in various vans etc, but whenever it rains I always end up in a feckin light jumper and jeans and no jacket to be found. I have come to accept my fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

To keep sweat out of your eyes apparently.
    and blood from head wounds.seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I wonder how do they go about finding girls to star in scat movies like "2 girls, 1 cup"?

I mean do they advertise the position or what? Is it like "Girl needed, must have minimum 2 years experience of eating poo, 1 year of drinking piss. Must be good team player."

Then I wonder do the girls family and friends know about what they do for a living? How much money do they make? Do they ever catch diseases from it? Do they have boyfriends? Does the boyfriend know what they work as?

These movies just raise so many questions :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I wonder how do they go about finding girls to star in scat movies like "2 girls, 1 cup"?

I mean do they advertise the position or what? Is it like "Girl needed, must have minimum 2 years experience of eating poo, 1 year of drinking piss. Must be good team player."

Then I wonder do the girls family and friends know about what they do for a living? How much money do they make? Do they ever catch diseases from it? Do they have boyfriends? Does the boyfriend know what they work as?

These movies just raise so many questions :pac:

They just ask random drunk girls if they wanna be 'stars'.

• Advertisement

mattjack wrote: »
    They just ask random drunk girls if they wanna be 'stars'.
    Or ask Girls they've drugged and imprisoned if they wanna keep their teeth.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I wonder about the point of life a whole lot. What is the point of actually BEING here?

I wonder about the point of life a whole lot. What is the point of actually BEING here?

Maybe there is no point and we should be here in the first place?

Maybe there is no point and we should be here in the first place?

I'm starting to think there isn't a point either, which is shit :o

Postcount? Number of thanks? Chance to spout drivel? All good reasons.

Ahh will you stop with that Negativity. I'm Positive there is no point being here. Jasus, I have to learn how to multiquote.

There is no point to life at all. You live your life the best you can, you try to be happy, be good to others, fulfill your ambitions and that's it.
    It doesn't mean it has to be shit because there's no definite point to it, you get to take it to where you want it to go.

Pottler wrote: »
    Ahh will you stop with that Negativity. I'm Positive there is no point being here. Jasus, I have to learn how to multiquote.

Just click the button beside the quote button.

There is no point to life at all. You live your life the best you can, you try to be happy, be good to others, fulfill your ambitions and that's it.
    It doesn't mean it has to be shit because there's no definite point to it, you get to take it to where you want it to go.

Yeah but that makes it seem so.... pointless :p
    Now that I think of it, it makes life better that there's no point to it because now I can do whatever the fuck I like :D

• Advertisement

Yeah but that makes it seem so.... pointless :p
    Now that I think of it, it makes life better that there's no point to it because now I can do whatever the fuck I like :D
    Exactly. Do what you like and fuck the rest. In fairness what point did you ever want from life? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

What if we're all just brains sitting in formaldehyde on a mad scientists shelf and this is all a dream..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet? Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

How do they get the figs in the figrolls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

How do so many unemployed people have the money to emigrate to far away places like Canada, Australia and New Zealand? It costs thousands to do so, so presumably these people weren't too badly off in the first place.

Faolchu wrote: »

Honestly sick of answering this question..

They get the fig inside the roll by using a tube inside a tube.

One tube is longer IE the roll , and the second tube slightly shorter than the other tube and this contains the fig. Thus it creates what seems a seamless fusion.

It aint that complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Honestly sick of answering this question..

They get the fig inside the roll by using a tube inside a tube.

One tube is longer IE the roll , and the second tube slightly shorter than the other tube and this contains the fig. Thus it creates what seems a seamless fusion.

It aint that complicated.

You must work for Jacobs if you are answering that question often enough to be sick of answering it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Coca Cola are one of the biggest companies in the world so they must have some smart people there

Why oh why did they pull Vanilla Coke and Coca Cola with Lime off the Irish shelves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet? Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
    Stand up you're out of luck like two dogs stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Coca Cola are one of the biggest companies in the world so they must have some smart people there

Why oh why did they pull Vanilla Coke and Coca Cola with Lime off the Irish shelves?

cuz they were barf central?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Why aren't all drugs legal. They're grrrrrrrrrreat.

cuz they were barf central?

The vanilla coke is alright. If I am not mistaken it is still around only market as something totally different by Coca Cola. Dose not even have the word Coke in it, like an Energy drink or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

why can't we just try keeping nightclubs open until say 6am..just for say 1 year to see what happens

why can't we just try keeping nightclubs open until say 6am..just for say 1 year to see what happens

Or do what they do in Spain, keep the clubs open till 6/7am , but make it either overpriced/have to run around in circles for a drink and to curb drug use charge 20 euro a bottle of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

Why am I on the internet at 02:51 on a Saturday night...

Why is my life so sad? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

[/QUOTE]Or do what they do in Spain, keep the clubs open till 6/7am , but make it either overpriced/have to run around in circles for a drink and to curb drug use charge 20 euro a bottle of water.[/Quote]
    that's what i was thinkin. obviously it would be chaos for a month or so but then should settle down, people not rushing in to get drinks, gettin tanked and fighting when everyone is put out on the streets at 2 or 3am. police not stretched at this time and continuous business for the taxis and takeaways. theres prob more to it but always wondered why we just don't give it a go for a while

STUFF THAT KEEPS ME AWAKE AT NIGHT

If Jesus was Jewish, why the Spanish name?

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

What's "occasional furniture" the rest of the time?

When the British royal family stand for their national anthem, do they sing "God Save...." (mammy) (gran) (auntie Liz) (my wife) etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

STUFF THAT KEEPS ME AWAKE AT NIGHT

If Jesus was Jewish, why the Spanish name?

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?

What's "occasional furniture" the rest of the time?

When the British royal family stand for their national anthem, do they sing "God Save...." (mammy) (gran) (auntie Liz) (my wife) etc?

your make my head hurt:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Why do women not feel cold when out at night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Faolchu wrote: »

I know this one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement