Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I buy cheap knee high pop socks in bulk?

• 29-09-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

I wear knee high pop socks all the time and they last very few wears so I'm constantly buying more. They are so flimsy but yet in the 2-packs or 3-packs you get in the shops they are expensive enough. So where is the cheapest place I can get them online or in shops? I'd still like them to be decent enough, not the super-cheap throwaway ones you get for trying on shoes in shops.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

I wear knee high pop socks everyday also. I have tried the ones you get in dunnes and penneys but they don't last.
    The best ones I found were the 5 pairs of 15 denier sheer matt knee highs from Marks and Spencer. The Illusion colour is the lightest.
    They are selling them at the moment for €3.50 for 5 pairs which is 20% cheaper than normal.
    You can get these in 10 denier also and they also come in shine version also.
    You can hand wash or machine wash these at a 30 or 40c wash.
    I would get a few box's of these every few months so they do last.
    I have told a number of people I know about them and they have been impressed. I know they are not cheap but they do last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Penneys do a five pack for €1.50 in a few different colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

And Dunnes also do a five pack for €2. Totally understand your frustration, OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

I buy mine in Tesco.... Cheaper than a coffe at €1.50./ €1.99 for 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Buy some better quality ones and they will last a lot longer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement