Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TRADE] Hyrbid Dev/Retail Dreamcast {Region free}

Options
  • 29-09-2012 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

As per the title, I have a Dreamcast that has had the hybrid bios chip installed. The startup animation has been replaced with the Katana Dev bootup screen, & the console is completely region free. The bootup swirl will also be NTSC orange, for those who hate the PAL blue one.

No pics yet as I'm waiting on the bios chip to do the mod, but I'll throw up some pics when done. Just getting the ball rolling

Not sure what spare hookups I have just yet, possibly all, possibly none...will check & update the thread when I've time over the next day or two

Not looking for anything in particular :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Here's the bootup screen for anyone who hasn't seen it in action

This is complete with a joypad, rf cable & power lead. Console is also not yellowed :)

Will take pics over the next day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MEGADETH2X

Hi Enternow,

I'm really interested in this and would love to do a swap with you. I'm not sure if I have anything you want. I have a bout 60 pal Xbox original games/100 pal ps2 games/40 gamecube and about 15 gamer good condition (not mint) Neo Geo AES games to trade at the minute. If you can give send me a PM and give me an idea of some titles you might be interested in hopefully we can trade.

Still playing the hell out of your super street fighter 2!

MEGADETH2X wrote: »
    Hi Enternow,

I'm really interested in this and would love to do a swap with you. I'm not sure if I have anything you want. I have a bout 60 pal Xbox original games/100 pal ps2 games/40 gamecube and about 15 gamer good condition (not mint) Neo Geo AES games to trade at the minute. If you can give send me a PM and give me an idea of some titles you might be interested in hopefully we can trade.

Still playing the hell out of your super street fighter 2!

I want all my CPS2 boards back damn you :p:p Only joking, glad your enjoying them man!

Trade wise I'm really on a PAL hating buzz at the moment, so not the best time to throw PAL at me. I will say this though, I'll also be putting it for sale here should nothing of interest come my way :)

What I'm after at the mo would be NTSC Snes & Nes carts, a Famicom & Famicom games, Jaguar carts & generally NTSC games that I don't own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

EnterNow wrote: »
    As per the title, I have a Dreamcast that has had the hybrid bios chip installed. The startup animation has been replaced with the Katana Dev bootup screen, & the console is completely region free. The bootup swirl will also be NTSC orange, for those who hate the PAL blue one.

No pics yet as I'm waiting on the bios chip to do the mod, but I'll throw up some pics when done. Just getting the ball rolling

Not sure what spare hookups I have just yet, possibly all, possibly none...will check & update the thread when I've time over the next day or two

Not looking for anything in particular :)

WANT !!! *checks bank balance....... :(:(:( ..... bugger........*

• Advertisement

This is now finished. The console was set to NTSC-J using the usual method, so it has the orange swirl. I then installed the new Bios chip, which replaces the stock bootup with the Katana boot sequence, maintaining the orange swirl.

It's now fully region free, & will boot any region disc :)

195k4i.jpg

16056qf.jpg

2dmeb21.jpg

2e1rpci.jpg

1zeed20.jpg

xtzc5.jpg

2093txc.jpg

210dfn4.jpg

There is some very slight discoloration on the lid of the console, but its nowhere near what I'd describe as yellowed. Its how it looks in the pics really, & again, comes with a joypad, rf cable & power lead

This is now finished. The console was set to NTSC-J using the usual method, so it has the orange swirl. I then installed the new Bios chip, which replaces the stock bootup with the Katana boot sequence, maintaining the orange swirl.

It's now fully region free, & will boot any region disc :)

"Well hello Mr. Carrot, my name is Mr. Donkey, I think we've got something proverbial going on here....." damn you sir, and the modchip you rode in on..... :(

Final pics, just showing it in action

Ikaruga {NTSC-J}

1gr58y.jpg

Gunbird 2 {PAL}

2i03dp2.jpg

Cannon Spike {NTSC-U}

2nld6pz.jpg

So thats it really, again not looking for anything specific :)

At the mo all I'd have to offer to trade would be a bundle load of PS1 games, includes titles like Castlevania Chronicles, Street Fighter Alpha 3 etc, all PAL versions though, a Blaze megadrive handheld, or if you have an interest in action figures I've some original Disneys "The Black Hole" figures, uncarded, anything like this interest you ?

Ianobeano wrote: »
    At the mo all I'd have to offer to trade would be a bundle load of PS1 games, includes titles like Castlevania Chronicles, Street Fighter Alpha 3 etc, all PAL versions though, a Blaze megadrive handheld, or if you have an interest in action figures I've some original Disneys "The Black Hole" figures, uncarded, anything like this interest you ?

Cheers for the offer man, nothing there for me though :)

• Advertisement

No worries, if you're putting it up on Adverts etc, give us a shout :)

No worries, if you're putting it up on Adverts etc, give us a shout :)

Wouldn't be able to list it on Adverts as its a modified console now, though I have listed it for sale in the Console Modding Forum, where we're allowed to have a thread for the sale of such consoles - here

The price is reflective of a standard complete Dreamcast, the cost of the two mods involved & the cost + p&p of the bios chip.

Thanks for the heads up, had a feeling it'd be in or around that, it's a fair price, wife'd kill me though :mad::rolleyes: don't suppose you've an "installment plan" :D:D:D

Thanks for the heads up, had a feeling it'd be in or around that, it's a fair price, wife'd kill me though :mad::rolleyes: don't suppose you've an "installment plan" :D:D:D

Not currently offering an installment plan dude :D

Another option might be if you already have a standard DC, I could mod it for you same as this, would work out cheaper.

Great, I'll keep that in mind, have to get one first and as of yet the ones on offer haven't been great, thanks for the offer !:)

I've dropped the price of this on the modded consoles thread to €100, I can't bump that thread so just mentioning it here incase anyone is following it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81191021&postcount=29

Nobody interested in this? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nobody interested in this? :(
    Very interested, but I don't think you want anything I have for trade :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, what do you want for it???
    Magic Beans??

Steve SI wrote: »
    Very interested, but I don't think you want anything I have for trade :(

700 Famicom carts :D:D
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Magic Beans??

Depends, do they grow beanstalks

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

What do you have for trade? I'm not after anything specific

Still available folks, its worth it for the Katana intro alone, plus being natively region free, its just damn cool!

This is now gone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement