Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current UPC broadband...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joecreed

You got my vote on that - if the broadband was matched by someone else, I'd drop the lot & run to Sky & the alternate BB - sick of the empty promises & run-arounds. Still waiting on my call-back from UPC......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

why don't you cancel the phone and tv and move to sky then?

you can do broadband only with upc:
    http://www.upc.ie/broadband/fifty/

why don't you cancel the phone and tv and move to sky then?

you can do broadband only with upc:
    http://www.upc.ie/broadband/fifty/

To be honest, at this stage its the principal of the whole thing. I've been with Sky before and don't trust them as they've
    A habit of invoking direct debit payments even when not due. I'd like to get to the bottom of getting the UPC thing sorted now.
    Would it be possible for you to do that count of channels, if its not too I confident, as I'd like to them on a technical level so
    if its factual rather than just a fight. Appreciate it, Matt.

We don't recieve the full amount of channels, I know thast for a fact in comparison to full cable. Im not spending the whole night going through the 150 odd channells to see what i do and don't have access to in comparison of a cabled select customer.

The call centre staff are only reading from a script so they really won't be able to help you too much, all they will be able to see is that were on MMDS and because of that we recieve limited services due to that. We're slightly more complicated than standard MMDS because its serviceing 1500 units rather than 1 so they've made bandwith available so they can offer voice and broadband. a knock on affect of this is they have to take the bandwidth from somewhere, ie. a few channels that very few people watch.

You wont get very far with them because technically they can't do anything except run a cable from bray to greystones, which i believe 1) they do have to do when the MMDS licence from comreg expires in 2014 and 2)because they want to offer HD, remote record, 100Mb broadband and on demand services.

Running this cable, along with planning permission costs and delays is likely to run into the millions and probably will take well over a year. They will likely have to do it because comreg will probably auction off the MMDS spectrum for 4G when its due

That's no hassles, Matt. It took me 5 mins to count the ones I had (don't really care what they are, just how many) but I'm in contact with one of their project managers now through a mutual friend who is checking up on the roadmap for me to see what timeframes we are looking at, something the script readers don't have access to.

• Advertisement

Anyone's UPC broadband speed crap at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

All is good here matt.

Advertisement