Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow eircom broadband

• 29-09-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Ive had eircom broadband for the last few years. Lately though the internet is ****e. We have changed nothing, added nothing in the last few weeks that would cause the problem. Our phones arent even picking up the internet.

I was watching Netflix earlier and had to turn it off because it kept stopping.

I did a test on the broadband and it came back this:

Test date
    Sat Sep 29 2012 19:36:57 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
    Download Speed
    1.95 Mb/s
    This is equal to
    1948 kbps
    Upload Speed
    0.32 Mb/s
    This is equal to
    321 kbps
    Latency
    109 ms

I haven't a clue if this is good or not. Is there anything i can do before having to deal with them,

Comments

Thats 2Mb. Not great, but it could be worst. Ring Eircom and ask them if you can increase the throughput on your line.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lambo28

I was sure we had 3mb, definitely didn't sign up for 2mb.

They can be a nightmare to deal with on the phone.

Lambo28 wrote: »
    I was sure we had 3mb, definitely didn't sign up for 2mb.

They can be a nightmare to deal with on the phone.
    I thought that. You're on "Up to 3Mb". Can you get UPC?

If yes, then switch ;)

I can't get UPC, our apartment block isnt wired for it.

Believe me ive looked into it.

At only 2Mb, if you have good coverage for mobile broadband (usb dongles) it would more than likely be quicker than Eircom, but not such about streaming Netflix (too much data used), and useless for online gaming.

• Advertisement

We tried the dongle on a different network before we went with eircom but have crap , Mobile phone coverage (foot of the dublin mountains)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

what ping rates are you getting? bring up command prompt and "ping www.eircom.net" and copy and paste what your getting here. Thats the main problem with eircom, ping rates can become massive at peak times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Could be worse. Im paying for 8mb (over 60 quid a month) and only getting this for the past month or two :mad:

2210669467.png

Advertisement