Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a lamber today

Options
  • 29-09-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

I traded in my o/u baikel today twin trigger no ejectors for a lamber repeater.

It's a 5 year old gun but still new to me.

So I was thinking of a change to try a semi auto but like every one I didn't want to part with to much money. This came up at the right price so I took and said I'll try it out.

Just waiting for the license I sent in today
    Fingers crossed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I traded in my o/u baikel today twin trigger no ejectors for a lamber repeater.

It's a 5 year old gun but still new to me.

So I was thinking of a change to try a semi auto but like every one I didn't want to part with to much money. This came up at the right price so I took and said I'll try it out.

Just waiting for the license I sent in today
    Fingers crossed

best of luck with the new one... hope the licence doesnt take to long. where did you buy the lamber?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Cheers tommy I got it in griffan hawes. Can't wait now to try it out it felt real nice the first time I put it to my shoulder and I was looking straight down the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Tommy87

It's LaNber by the way, anyway I had a Lanber over and under once,I was out shooting one day with a mate, the gun failed to fire so I flicked the barrel selecter from top to bottom and the both barrels fired at once. Very scary experience. This was a brand new gun!! I didn't waste a second, went straight to the dealers shop where I bought it and fcuked it over the counter at him. Other people I know have them and no problems. I wouldn't waste my time with them ever again.

Just my opinion, but such a catastrophic failure in a NEW gun is not acceptable to me. Just shows how badly made cheap guns are.

So what I take from that is when the gun miss fired you still tryed to fire the other barrel rather than trying to make the gun safe. Ye prob a fault with the gun but your fault it fired at all you should of made it safe.

Baikel is a cheap gun I never had a prob
    Cz I have is a cheap gun and prob one of the best and come very highly recommended.

I don't use shot gun two three times a week like most guys so it will be good for me hopefully. It fits well shoots well.

Oh sorry, it was MY fault....... I knew I shouldn't have bothered sayin anything. Wheather I should have made it safe or not it still doesn't change the fact it was a massive safety failure on a brand new gun. All i was doing was giving you my experience from a lanber, I didnt realise all you wanted to hear was good things.

• Advertisement

Tommy87 wrote: »
    Oh sorry, it was MY fault....... I knew I shouldn't have bothered sayin anything. Wheather I should have made it safe or not it still doesn't change the fact it was a massive safety failure on a brand new gun. All i was doing was giving you my experience from a lanber, I didnt realise all you wanted to hear was good things.

The gun prob was faulty your right but the fact it fired was your fault you didn't make it safe.
    Every body has bad experiences and bad guns. Your entitled to share your experiences that's what this form is about. But your initial post was so negative and putting the posts down. And to be honest just sounded smart. The way I read it anyway.
    Thanks for opinion and I'll look out for it.

My apologies if I came across as bein smart, I didnt mean it like that. But every time I hear Lanber It reminds me! Of course it was my fault, in a way it was a blessing in disguise because it showed me what could happen.

I'm sure 99.9% of them are quality made guns. I hope you bought one of them. Best of luck with it and happy hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Great shotgun , have had one for the last 5+ years !
    best of luck with your new shotgun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I've had 2 lanbers in the past the other was an O/U, I got rid of that because I just couldn't hit anything with it, but thats just me have never found a factory O/U that fits me yet.

The second was a semi autmatic which didn't cycle 28.5 gram 7.5 clay loads, I got rid of that for a SXS.

They were both good solid well made guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Retnuhtibbar

Best of luck with it.I bought one new ten years ago,never had a problem with it and it cycles with everything I've put into it

• Advertisement

No prob tommy water under the bridge.

Ye I hear they have a hard time some time recycling when using 28gs alright 30+gs are ok in them all day

Got the licence back today after 8 working days fairly swift in my eyes. Could always be quicker but its here in a decent enough time.

Try and pick her up now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Got the licence back today after 8 working days fairly swift in my eyes. Could always be quicker but its here in a decent enough time.

Try and pick her up now.:D

that was quick happy hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Tommy87 wrote: »
    It's LaNber by the way, anyway I had a Lanber over and under once,I was out shooting one day with a mate, the gun failed to fire so I flicked the barrel selecter from top to bottom and the both barrels fired at once. Very scary experience. This was a brand new gun!! I didn't waste a second, went straight to the dealers shop where I bought it and fcuked it over the counter at him. Other people I know have them and no problems. I wouldn't waste my time with them ever again.

Just my opinion, but such a catastrophic failure in a NEW gun is not acceptable to me. Just shows how badly made cheap guns are.

It's always the horses fault is it? Never the Jockies fault? :P

Best of luck with the new Lanber.

Know a few people that had them without any issues. So in my eyes they are a good value gun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭owelfisherman

Hunter21 wrote: »

It's always the horses fault is it? Never the Jockies fault? :P

Best of luck with the new Lanber.

Know a few people that had them without any issues. So in my eyes they are a good value gun.
    How are you getting on with the gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mark.17hmr

Good purchace.. a great reliable gun..

Advertisement