Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone get Iphone 5 with 3?

• 29-09-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Did anyone buy an iphone 5 from 3 mobile?
    Is tethering enabled or disabled?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ciara84

tonic wine wrote: »
    Did anyone buy an iphone 5 from 3 mobile?
    Is tethering enabled or disabled?

cheers.
    pretty sure its a network thing rather than a phone model thing, so far any phone that i've owned which supported it had the option of me enabling it, pretty sure 3 allow you to enable it for any phone that has the feature (atleast with bill pay)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

it was working for me few months ago, but I can't confirm since I'm with tesco now, they have tethering disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nebo

I've had an iPhone 5 on 3 for the past week, tethering works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

Yeah it's working for me as well... I'll use it once or twice and check to see if they charge me a fortune for using it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Afaik - old customers that joined 3 before the tethering change still have it, new customers don't. But ask in the Three forum, they'll know.

Yeah we're definitely not meant to have it...

mitsybaby wrote: »
    Yeah it's working for me as well... I'll use it once or twice and check to see if they charge me a fortune for using it!
    how can they charge you extra? AFAIK all their packages come with all-you-can-eat data, pretty sure they can't identify how many devices are connected through your phone at any one time

ciara84 wrote: »
    how can they charge you extra? AFAIK all their packages come with all-you-can-eat data, pretty sure they can't identify how many devices are connected through your phone at any one time

Other networks charge for tethering so there must be a way to know if another device is using the data off your phone.. That's what I though anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ciara84 wrote: »

They can tell by the type of traffic going through it. Be aware, there are people on android and iOS that have reported tethering being closed down. Also just looking at a UK website where 3 UK have shut down tethering as well.
    If you really need it go to Tesco or eMobile where it is allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Tethering uses a different apn so they know when it's being used and not

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nebo

I only signed up to 3 about 2 months ago, on PAYG and have never had a problem with tethering, or been charged any extra. I asked the guy in the 3 store about it when I signed up. He said it's against their T&C's to tether because tethering uses up more data, but it's not disallowed, it's more frowned upon by them. He said to be careful because I could hit the 15GB limit on all you can eat data, but other than that I'd be fine.

Advertisement