Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answering Business Qs (eg, Contract)

• 29-09-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭

I'm doing up my notes for Business, and doing that I want to write up sample answers, and I'm wondering what's the best format; take Elements of a Contract.

Consent to Contract:Consent to contract is...
    Capacity to Contract:Capacity to contract is...

or...

Capacity to contract is.... Consent to contract is.... (more like an essay, than bullet points)

or... does it even make a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I'm doing up my notes for Business, and doing that I want to write up sample answers, and I'm wondering what's the best format; take Elements of a Contract.

Consent to Contract:Consent to contract is...
    Capacity to Contract:Capacity to contract is...

or...

Capacity to contract is.... Consent to contract is.... (more like an essay, than bullet points)

or... does it even make a difference?

NO essays in business! I used to write in essay format the 1st time i sat the lc and got a C the second time using bullet points i got a B. The examiners get frustrated if its a big long essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Sunny!! wrote: »
    NO essays in business! I used to write in essay format the 1st time i sat the lc and got a C the second time using bullet points i got a B. The examiners get frustrated if its a big long essay.
    Alright, great! Thank you. My teacher says "heading, explanation, move on..." I guess I'm used to essay-ish answers from Geography.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Alright, great! Thank you. My teacher says "heading, explanation, move on..." I guess I'm used to essay-ish answers from Geography.

for the most part its state, explain, example.

for abq its state, explain, link to abq.

Look at question words aswell

- list
    - describe
    - evaluate
    - discuss

Know what all these mean!

Technique is essential in business:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

If you get a long question asking you to explain four elements of a contract, for example, you should answer it as follows:

[Introductory sentence, depending on the question]

1) Capacity to consent. [Heading]
    Capacity to consent is... [Explain]

2) Consideration. [Heading]
    Consideration is... [Explain]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

I also thought bullet points would be the way to go in business but my business teacher said always answer in paragraphs?? :confused:

• Advertisement

anirishlad wrote: »
    I also thought bullet points would be the way to go in business but my business teacher said always answer in paragraphs?? :confused:

My teacher was a corrector and said there was nothing worse than essays for examiners. The marking scheme is set up for answering in point format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Sunny!! wrote: »
    My teacher was a corrector and said there was nothing worse than essays for examiners. The marking scheme is set up for answering in point format.

Oh right, guess ill answer my homework in paragraphs and study with bullet points then :P

Advertisement