Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alarm clock radio with ipod dock

• 29-09-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

I am looking for a decent but cheap bedside alarm clock.

-Large snooze button
    -Clock display
    -Ipod dock
    -Radio
    -Easy to use for the snoozerrrrrrrrrr

Having alot of trouble finding this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I have a Sony one (google images "Sony iPod dock" and it's the first match!). I got it in Argos about a year ago for around €70.
    Fulfills all your criteria. Sound quality is very decent and it has a digital radio tuner, large snooze button, etc. I plug the phone into it every night to charge.
    Although I tend to still mainly use the iPhone alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭OU812

Have this one also, agree with everything except for some reason it randomly gains 5 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

I have that one too, got it about 3 or 4 years ago. Still going strong
    And it stays on even in a power cut which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

I'm using the Chronos Idock from PURE for the last few years. Great sound and with DAB radio too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002OOWBUW/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1/276-9826712-5133122?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_r=1QEVZVSAR9W09G4FW7JA&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_i=B000VKICEU

There is a place on eBay selling refurbished units (can't find the link) but they are 100% OK.

Bought some as pressies too and everybody happy with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Actually, only annoying thing with the Sony is the clock is too bright! I've sometimes had to cover the clock if I'm struggling to get to sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Actually, only annoying thing with the Sony is the clock is too bright! I've sometimes had to cover the clock if I'm struggling to get to sleep!

You can dim it down but I also cover it at night & check the time on my iPhone when it's on charge

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

What model iPhone do you have?

I haven't seen any iPhone 5 (Lightning) docks around yet but you should be able to pick one up for the previous ones easily enough.

I'd guess a lot of places will be selling off their stock at a discount too now the new dock connector is out.

The larger Tesco stores usually have a few models available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I have this model, it has an infra-red sensor to detect the level of light in the bedroom and it adjusts the brightness of the display accordingly.

It's a DAB & FM radio and has four separate alarms each of which can be programmed separately. An alarm can be set to sound a tone or switch on a specific radio station.

It has a USB port on the side for charging a device.

http://www.pure.com/products/product.asp?Product=VL-61194

Advertisement