Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech - "Leave Now" is constant

Options
  • 29-09-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Aritech alarm. I am unsure of the model as there is nothing written on the panel. It seems a basic model as there's only a simple numeric keypad with 0-9, an "Up" arrow and a "Down" arrow.

When I input my alarm code, the panel displays "System Arming", followed by "System OK". The last stage is the typical "Leave Now" message.

My problem is that "Leave Now" is the constant message. Normally, the window is thirty seconds. After eight hours, the "Leave Now" message is still visible when I return from work. In effect, the house is unprotected. A chap at work reckons that the battery is low.

Could anyone advise what the likely problem is.... and how to fix it?

Warmest regards

James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Try powering the panel down .
    Remove battery and mains for 30 seconds
    Is there an orange light showing on the keypad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Thanks Thunderbird,

I will try that tomorrow, as there are three young kids in bed.:)

There's only one screw on the underside of the panel. Do I just remove the screw and yank off the plastic cover (after turning off the mains)?

I assume that I'll need a new battery if the problem persists.

Cheers

James

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The front door contact is probably not closing. The CS350 is set as buzzer on exit fault instead of bell.
    Try 0 arrow down 7 & see what displays.
    Also try with 0 arrow down 5.

Hi Koolkid,

It says "Open Zone 06" when I try both options you suggested.

Funnily enough, our front door came off its hinges last Sunday.... and the problem happened on Monday.

The door didn't hit the floor - it was just hanging off. Are the sensors on the door frame and the door aligned in some way? Perhaps they are off kilter.

Regards

James

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there no zone description?
    Open the front door & see if any other zone opens.
    If not check the magnet is still in place on the door, If nothing obvious then you need a new contact for the front door.

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid,

There are no zone descriptions- just Zone 06. It's a pain in the neck because we aren't the original occupants of the house and there is no manual. As a result, the zone descriptions are "process of elimination".

However, I opened the patio door.... and it says that Zone 02 and Zone 06 are open.

By default, I've established that Zone 02 is Patio Door/Kitchen Area, so Zone 06 is most probably the front door region.

The magnet is still hanging on the front door frame. Where would I get a new contact if there's a fault?

Hi Koolkid and Thunderbird2,

I unscrewed the alarm sensor from the door and hovered it close to the door frame sensor. I could hear the audible beep.

With the sensor still in my hand (and in proximity to the door frame), I programmed the alarm with no issues.

Then I rescrewed the sensor back into the door. Fingers crossed... it worked.

Many thanks for all your informative responses! I really had no idea where to start.

Glad you got sorted Jimbob. Any more problem you know where we are.;)

Advertisement