Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2013 Exam Prediction

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

leecamp25 wrote: »
    I thought it was unlikely myself. I'm just considering wether it's worth the time to revise another Seamus Heaney Poem. I have covered a number of them in class but only really know Mid-Term Break in any depth.

I'm hoping a question that I can use use Dulce et Decorum est in will come up though as I would be more comfortable with it.

Quickly read over Early Purges and you should be fine, even if you spend most of the question talking about mid-term break. Just get the gist of it, you won't have to go into detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 juniors

Good luck everyone yous all deserve success

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leecamp25

Quickly read over Early Purges and you should be fine, even if you spend most of the question talking about mid-term break. Just get the gist of it, you won't have to go into detail.

Yeah thanks I'm going to do it now I vaguely remember bits of it from earlier in the year. A few qoutes from it here and there and should be fine! :) Actually I looked through the exam papers a question on a poet came up on p2 last year so I doubt it would come up for a consecutive year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leecamp25

Fabian2205 wrote: »
    You can answer practically all the q's with dulce.

Yeah and it has a lot of imagery,techniques etc.. which makes it easy to discuss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EdXD

What would be a good ending for a speech

• Advertisement

EdXD wrote: »
    What would be a good ending for a speech

End with, "To conclude, I have spoken under X main points, my first/my second/and my third point was..... Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen, I beg you to propose/oppose."

Or simply state your points and say "Thank you for listening"

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭KatieG6

Up at 6am to do some study :O Good luck everyone :) I wish you the best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Fabian2205

Anyone any predictions for the sceal tomorrow in Irish? I have learned a storm/ accident, a match, shopping and a party/disco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Fabian2205 wrote: »
    Anyone any predictions for the sceal tomorrow in Irish? I have learned a storm/ accident, a match, shopping and a party/disco.

I've learned fire, you can literally use it for anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jpr57852

I've learned fire, you can literally use it for anything!
    Same here. A fire can happen anywhere. All you need is a little bit of extra vocab to change around the story to suit the topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 suargasm

any tips for titles for the dàns and the gearrsceal

jpr57852 wrote: »
    Same here. A fire can happen anywhere. All you need is a little bit of extra vocab to change around the story to suit the topic.

What's fire as gaeilge? My Irish is reeeeaaalllllyyyyy terrible, hoping for a C/D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

What's fire as gaeilge? My Irish is reeeeaaalllllyyyyy terrible, hoping for a C/D

tine!

trí thine (on fire)

for brownie points: scaith an tine (the fire spread)

sotisme wrote: »
    tine!

trí thine (on fire)

for brownie points: scaith an tine (the fire spread)

Cheers! :) Im just going to throw in random expressions everywhere. Bhi an grian ag scoilteadh na gloch!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Cheers! :) Im just going to throw in random expressions everywhere. Bhi an grian ag scoilteadh na gloch!

gcloch! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Linda98

Any idea what's coming up for Irish prós and poetry? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭KatieG6

is the story about a cluiche necessary?
    I know Subh Milis for poem ( theme of love/famiy/sadness/lonliness) . An tÁdh for the story (theme of death/school) for the story. I also know an incident about a car crash and a storm so I could combine the two to make it longer. Do you think this will be enough?

sotisme wrote: »
    gcloch! :D

...close enough :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Any predictions for geog p2 long questions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Hey guys just wanted to tell you that Modh Chonniolcha for Irish Grammar is going to come up, don't ask me how I know but at least revise it.
    What was that again? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    What was that again? :rolleyes:

Something about...the Modh Choineallach. I predicted Aimsir Laithreach would come up and Harry Potter would be mentioned somewhere ah well at least The Hobbit got a plug ;)

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Something about...the Modh Choineallach. I predicted Aimsir Laithreach would come up and Harry Potter would be mentioned somewhere ah well at least The Hobbit got a plug ;)
    I spent an hour trying to learn the bloody Modh Choineallach from my Irish book last night having never been thought it. Didn't even need it in the end xD Love A.C <3

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

I spent an hour trying to learn the bloody Modh Choineallach from my Irish book last night having never been thought it. Didn't even need it in the end xD Love A.C <3

Same! I spent ages trying to learn the stupid thing aha ha

claryfray wrote: »
    Same! I spent ages trying to learn the stupid thing aha ha
    It's so complicated! My teacher didn't bother teaching it to us because he was positve it wouldn't come up but I wanted to be sure anyways :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

It's so complicated! My teacher didn't bother teaching it to us because he was positve it wouldn't come up but I wanted to be sure anyways :rolleyes:
    My teacher was the opposite! She said she was prepared to bet money it would come up :P

claryfray wrote: »
    My teacher was the opposite! She said she was prepared to bet money it would come up :P
    You should have put money on it. You would have made some profit xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1 enmbvcx

any geography predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 juniors

enmbvcx wrote: »
    any geography predictions?

Coasts

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

the different types of rainfall is wrecking my head !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Val97

examstress wrote: »
    the different types of rainfall is wrecking my head !

Same I keep getting confused on which is which ! :(

Advertisement