Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked whole pollack

Options
  • 29-09-2012 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I caught 2 pollack today, I have gutted them and taken the heads off. I want to stuff the cavity with something (garlic/onion maybe, parsley?) and cover it in tin foil and then bake it. I do not want to fillet it at all.

Firstly how long should I cook it for and at what heat?
    Secondly any advice on making it better/tastier?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Birroc wrote: »
    Hi,

I caught 2 pollack today, I have gutted them and taken the heads off. I want to stuff the cavity with something (garlic/onion maybe, parsley?) and cover it in tin foil and then bake it. I do not want to fillet it at all.

Firstly how long should I cook it for and at what heat?
    Secondly any advice on making it better/tastier?

I find pollock to have quite a mild flavored.Cooking time will all depend on size.Any of the cod/ling/pouting recipes will work well.I like to use soya/limes/coriander and some sprouting broccoli.

It makes great fish n' chips when battered or crumbed .I use cream crackers and a spiced flour when crumbing or thin crisp white beer batter and some homecut chips with hot taco sauce.
    Pollocks biggest down fall is its shelf life.Id eat it that day or defiantly the second.

Advertisement