Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOTD on Mark Halsey

• 29-09-2012 11:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Just watching it, after the Fulham - City highlights. Gabby Yorath says "hes had a hard enough week so we wont go in to that" Alan Hansen replies with "No, we'll leave him alone".
    He made another absolutely shocking decision and deserves to be called on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

First time watching Match of the Day? Its so watered down these days I usually avoid it. You will never hear anything but soundbites from the likes of Hansen and Shearer. The show is an embarrassment really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

keano_afc wrote: »
    First time watching Match of the Day? Its so watered down these days I usually avoid it. You will never hear anything but soundbites from the likes of Hansen and Shearer. The show is an embarrassment really.

They didnt even talk about the goals from the match, just moved on to the Everton highlights. Unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I don't believe that Halsey made any big mistakes last week. He played what was in front of him, without a load of slo-mos and different camera angles. No need for the pitchforks just yet.

I don't believe that Halsey made any big mistakes last week. He played what was in front of him, without a load of slo-mos and different camera angles. No need for the pitchforks just yet.

I wont get into last week, it has no place in this thread so id hope people wont mention it again.

Its a disgrace that they didnt talk about the "penalty" on MOTD, it was a decision that a Sunday league referee would get right and he managed to mess it up.

Melion wrote: »
    I wont get into last week, it has no place in this thread so id hope people wont mention it again.

Its a disgrace that they didnt talk about the "penalty" on MOTD, it was a decision that a Sunday league referee would get right and he managed to mess it up.

Okay, so your issue is with Match of the Day, not Mark Halsey. Cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He had a shocker last week and was the reason Utd took three points from Anfield.

Today he gave a ridiculous penalty and then denied Man City one for something similar. Consistantly inconsistant!

Okay, so your issue is with Match of the Day, not Mark Halsey. Cool.

Its with MOTD refusing to do what they are supposed to, talk about the matches and decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Do you need the likes of Shearer, Lawrenson and Hansen to reaffirm your own beliefs before you're sure about them?

I'm sure you'd never put great stock in the shíte they do say, so why give out about the shíte they dont say?

Do you need the likes of Shearer, Lawrenson and Hansen to reaffirm your own beliefs before you're sure about them?

I'm sure you'd never put great stock in the shíte they do say, so why give out about the shíte they dont say?

Because i cant understand why the refused to talk about the penalty incident or the 2 City goals

monkey9 wrote: »
    He had a shocker last week and was the reason Utd took three points from Anfield.

I disagree. He made the right calls from the views he had. You're expecting too much from a ref based on what you see on your TV.

United had a nailed on penalty turned down today. You see nobody complaining because the ref couldn't see it. Maybe the lino could have helped but meh, you win some you lose some.

@Melion: MOTD is a stale format. I'm never surprised by what the pundits do or say. They're awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Because i cant understand why the refused to talk about the penalty incident or the 2 City goals

Because like Halsey, they're very, very bad at their jobs. That's the reason, there's no great big theory behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Gabby Logan ‏@Gabby_Logan
    For the record Man city pen decision did not affect result in the end so editor decided as we were short of time to drop vt

cgpg5 wrote: »
    For the record Man city pen decision did not affect result in the end so editor decided as we were short of time to drop vt

Yet they had plenty of time to talk about the colour of Liverpools jersies :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Yet they had plenty of time to talk about the colour of Liverpools jersies :rolleyes:

She's reading your mind :D ...

And for the record a ten second throw away line to Mick Mc about the away kit is hardly analysis it was a 10 sec throw away line.

Obviously getting a fair bit of stick on twitter

cgpg5 wrote: »
    She's reading your mind :D ...

And for the record a ten second throw away line to Mick Mc about the away kit is hardly analysis it was a 10 sec throw away line.

Obviously getting a fair bit of stick on twitter

Straight after i sent it to her on twitter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

they did comment on last week on motd2 and said hasley was correct. (re und pool)

Advertisement