Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend the best .22 rifle

Options
  • 30-09-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭

All,

What in your opinions is the best .22 bolt action factory moderated rifle out there?
    When I say best I suppose I mean best combination of accuracy, reliability, cost, durability etc etc

Cheers

Ep

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Daddy Swift I think

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

All,

What in your opinions is the best .22 bolt action factory moderated rifle out there?
    When I say best I suppose I mean best combination of accuracy, reliability, cost, durability etc etc

Cheers

Ep
    If you mean 22 rimfire rifles the CZ 452, 453.and 455 rifles are hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

You cant beat the anschutz rifle no matter what model you decide on..bit more expensive than cz but you pay for what you get..real accurate and has never let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

I've had a few and i recon that for an out of the box, bolt action with good accuracy for good value you wont go wrong with CZ. There are others but when you throw in the value criteria then imo cz stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

What you make of Marlin rifles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

i have a higher cal marlin lever action and its a tack driver..great little gun
    also the savage rifle in 22 are very good value and one i shot was very nice and accurate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

ruger1894c wrote: »
    i have a higher cal marlin lever action and its a tack driver..great little gun
    also the savage rifle in 22 are very good value and one i shot was very nice and accurate

I hear since remington took over marlin the quality of the lever actions has nose dived. The savages seem good for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

The Browning T-bolt it will not be beaten... Try one you'll love it, super quick straight pull bolt. Slam it open then slam it shut. A pure joy to shoot... Costs a few quid extra but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Had a ruger 77/22 heavy barrel that was a joy to shoot but a bit pricey, now have a CZ 452 ,great value very accurate, not quite as accurate as the ruger but not far off so probably better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I grew up with a .22 Savage and now I have a CZ 452 both very hard to beat with regards to what you are looking for. And the CZ comes factory threaded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnnymolloy

i currently have a marlin 25mn in 22 magnum great gun very accurate hasnt seen me wrong yet:)

Advertisement