Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tikka supervarmint

Options
  • 30-09-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

anyone here using a tikka supervarmint in .243 win
    what are your thoughts on the supervarmint

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

badshot wrote: »
    anyone here using a tikka supervarmint in .243 win
    what are your thoughts on the supervarmint
    I was going to get one in a supervarmint. I loved them till I picked one up. It was very heavy other than that great rifle. They come in 20 and 24 inch barrel and you have the option. 24inch is like a telephone pole when a silencer is on it.
    They are very very hard to come by in .243. I think you be wasting your time trying to get one. I tried England too for one in 243 and they had none either. Go for a hunter or Lite be the best job. You can get them 5 shot magazines too handy enough. Supervarmint and Varmint are good for more continues shooting. Less over heating but you seldom have to take the second shot. Weight puts me off them that's all really. Fine stock but i'm not a big fan of stainless barrels. Glare too much I think. That's their only fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

You could get a tactical T3 in .308, which are common enough

Jonty wrote: »
    You could get a tactical T3 in .308, which are common enough
    He could is right and has a mat finish on the barrel to reduce glare

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Hunterjohnb

My supervarmint is in 6.5. It is a heavy rifle to stalk with. On the plus side it is a very accurate rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Just to echo the words above, they are nice rifles but seriously heavy when you put on mounts, scope, bipod, moderator, etc.

I have the Tactical in .223 with 24 inch barrel and while its very accurate, its a ton weight with all the above attached. I dont think I would fancy dragging it around in the field too much.

They have a butter smooth action and wonderful out of the box accuracy but it is some lump of steel to be carrying.

What do you intend using it for would be the main question as if you dont plan carrying it all day, it might be the perfect rifle for you.

Probably easier to get your hands on a tactical in .308 though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I agree with everything that was said. I had one in .223, and I found it very heavy to carry around for varminting, so I wouldn't like to carry one around all day on the hill.
    You should go for something with either medium sporter, or light varmint weight barrel. I held a t3 lite recently, and even with the scope, mod and bipod it still felt comfortable to carry around

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Rifle/Tikka-T3-Hunter-gun-for-sale-gs81142.aspx
    These are gorgeous looking for a timber rifle. The new one is also out in fluted barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Lullymore24

4200fps wrote: »
    http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Rifle/Tikka-T3-Hunter-gun-for-sale-gs81142.aspx
    These are gorgeous looking for a timber rifle. The new one is also out in fluted barrel.

Fantastic value

Advertisement