Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Advice? Seriously Confused =(

Options
  • 30-09-2012 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,
    I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place but anyway, I was just wondering would anyone have any advice on further study? I'm currently in third year arts, studying Irish and maths as I had the intention of going into a PGDE, I also have a year of computer science done and I'm gradually going off the idea of teaching which is why I gave up computer science as I figured it would be easier to get back into if I decided to, the idea being to keep my options open. I'm starting to put feelers out for jobs after I graduate as I know I'm not going to be able to afford further study if I don't. Everyone I talk to says that maths is great to have but after going to a few expo's I'm beginning to think that it's not. Now I'm thinking about doing a conversion course in computer science as that's where the jobs seem to be, but I didn't really like it in first year (even though I got my best marks in it), they say to go with what you like but I'm hoping having taken a break from it will give me a better perspective but I don't want to be at a loss if I go back into it! I would even love an opportunity to go abroad either and again with that option computer science seems to be the route. But having said all that I don't want to discount further study in my other subjects as I don't want it to have been a waste of money and three years.
    Sorry for the seemingly endless post, any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Louise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

When you're confused, there are two ways out of it - either to get to the bottom of what you really like to do, pick that direction and decide what you're not going to do. Or, put yourself out for opportunities that come your way, and let them carry you some direction, until you'll realize that either that direction is great, or by process of elimination you will realize what is it that you do not want to do.
    Myself I have trouble narrowing down my interests, so I tend to go through the door that opens at the right time.

Advertisement