Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AeroPress any good?

• 30-09-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was thinking of buying this set http://coffeeangel.com/product/aeropress-travel-kit/ but, is it woth it? Does it make a good cup of coffee? Or is it the same a french pressed? I'm not really a fan of french press coffee or machine filtered.

I've been using an Nespresso machine for the last 6 years. It makes great coffee but It's costing me about €30 a month in pods. So, I wanted to see if I could bring the cost down a bit by getting the Aeropress. Yes, I know adding up the moeny spent on pods would have got me a proper grinder and epresso machine but, I just can't aford the up front cost of €500 to €600.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I have to say, i was sceptical of the aeropress, but my old coffee maker died recently and i'm still looking into investing in a new one, so i got an aeropress last week to tide me over until i decide on which bean to cup machine i'm going to end up buying and I have to say, much to my surprise it really does make a great coffee. :)

no crema obviously, but if you can live with that, for 30 quid you really can't go wrong with something that makes a good cup of proper coffee in only a minute or two more than it would take to make an instant.

it's quick to use, a doddle to clean and makes good coffee, so what's not to like? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I got my AreoPress and the Hario Mini Mill from CoffeeAngel today. I'm impressed. It does makes a good cup of coffee. Not as good as my Nespresso machine but, I wasn't expecting it to. I need to find the right grind and method though.
    Anyone have any tips?
    Also, If I were to buy a Gaggia Classic would the Hario mill work out until I got something like a Bartaza Maestro grinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭caol ila

There's loads of info on the web about the aero press.
    Brewmethods.com is a good place to start. Loads of variables though that come into play and, if you are preferring the taste of your pod coffee to the aero press then I would suggest that you need to look at some of the recommended methods on the site, there's been a few threads here too.
    If you aren't using them already get some digital scales.

Advertisement