Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia T ?

Options
  • 30-09-2012 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at buying a new phone.

Looked at the Xperia U as thought it to be good price and features.
    Then spotted the "S" which had more to offer but then saw the "T" should be available soon.

Now I am confused as to which to go for (If any?)
    What would the "T" offer me over the "U" with thr "U" being less than half the price.

OR

Should I look at something else in that price catagory?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Ken bryan

I the experia p Great Phone .
    The tv dock due out this month

It a mid range phone .
    Battery life is fairly decent .

Xperia™ P TV Dock

Xperia™ P TV Dock

Gallery
    Specifications

Small device. Big experience.

View. Listen. Surf. Play. The Sony Xperia P TV Dock transforms your Xperia P into a multimedia hub.

Coming soon

Available colors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Held the toy/display version of the Xperia T today in the meteor shop, feels good in the hand. The curved back is a huge improvement on the feel of the S.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Held the toy/display version of the Xperia T today in the meteor shop, feels good in the hand. The curved back is a huge improvement on the feel of the S.

Have you tried the S in a Nillkin case? Great in the hand with that, but not a lot bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

ED E wrote: »
    Have you tried the S in a Nillkin case? Great in the hand with that, but not a lot bigger.

Honestly I have only held the display version in the shop, have being stuck with an Xperia Play, but the first impressions I got of the S was the blockiness of it.

Still no pricing info from the networks for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the T seems to be available on o2 - anyone know is it locked?

• Advertisement

MiCr0 wrote: »
    the T seems to be available on o2 - anyone know is it locked?

You might get lucky with the first batch, but after that chances are they will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

The light bar and plasticy thing on the bottom of the XU and XS is not very nice. I would definitely wait for the T.

I like everything else about the Sony phones though. They're always really fast. The Xperia U is an "entry level" phone but is as zippy as an iPhone 4s in many ways.

condra wrote: »
    The light bar and plasticy thing on the bottom of the XU and XS is not very nice. I would definitely wait for the T.

I like everything else about the Sony phones though. They're always really fast. The Xperia U is an "entry level" phone but is as zippy as an iPhone 4s in many ways.

The antenna is below it though, so I wonder how the T will perform reception wise.

Advertisement