Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB Connection continuously dropping

Options
  • 30-09-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I have Eircom NGB since June.

In the first week or so, the connection speed and latency were poor. After upgrading the firmware, the situation improved.

However, in the last month or so the connection is regularly going through stages of continuously dropping. The DSL led on the router blinks.

The connection speed and latency are also regularly poor.

The router is a ZyXEL P-660HN T1A IPv6 with firmware 1.02(VBC.0)_20120302.

I've attached the connection stats.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to solve these problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ng1 wrote: »
    I have Eircom NGB since June.

In the first week or so, the connection speed and latency were poor. After upgrading the firmware, the situation improved.

However, in the last month or so the connection is regularly going through stages of continuously dropping. The DSL led on the router blinks.

The connection speed and latency are also regularly poor.

The router is a ZyXEL P-660HN T1A IPv6 with firmware 1.02(VBC.0)_20120302.

Thanks, Mark

I've attached the connection stats.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to solve these problems?

Hi ng1,

Can you PM me with your tel no: and I will run some direct tests on the telephone line, modem & broadband connection.

Thanks, Mark

Hi ng1,

Can you PM me with your tel no: and I will run some direct tests on the telephone line, modem & broadband connection.

Thanks, Mark

Hi ng1,

Got your PM. I checked the line and broadband connection. Can you confirm the speeds you have been getting on your end?

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

APPOLOGIES NG1 FOR POSTING HERE BUT MARK COULD YOU PLEASE GET SOMEONE TO SORT http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056612311 CALL CENTRE SAYING IT WAS SORTED YET STILL NOT FIXED AS I HAVE TO KEEP DISCONNECTING/RECONNECTING

chris2008x wrote: »
    APPOLOGIES NG1 FOR POSTING HERE BUT MARK COULD YOU PLEASE GET SOMEONE TO SORT http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056612311 CALL CENTRE SAYING IT WAS SORTED YET STILL NOT FIXED AS I HAVE TO KEEP DISCONNECTING/RECONNECTING

Hi chris2008x,

Got you Pm thanks. They guys are looking into it and Grainne said she will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ng1

The speed I'm getting is around 6.68 MBps.

• Advertisement

ng1 wrote: »
    The speed I'm getting is around 6.68 MBps.

Hi ng1

Following on from my post to you on our forum. Managers have confirmed an engineer has been assigned to the case. So I will follow up with him tomorrow and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement