Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 7 Transfers..........

• 30-09-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭

Early start for this thread......

I have sold Tevez for Ba as i wanna get a few quid in the bank plus Ba will play every week barring injury,Tevez wont.
    RVP has hogged alot of my money and i can switch him next week if needed but as a Utd fan i wanna keep him!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

already done. bent and mccartney out for ba and gibbs. 4pt hit. bitta team surgery. next out will probably be hazard and then michu. looking at possibly gervinho and barfa. haven't decided yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hazard and Michu are on alot of lists i reckon.
    Quite a possibility that Hazard may not start next week imo given that Chelsea have a CL game,Moses could start ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

RVP out suarez in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »
    Hazard and Michu are on alot of lists i reckon.
    Quite a possibility that Hazard may not start next week imo given that Chelsea have a CL game,Moses could start ahead of him.

there is a chance of that, though there is 4 days between games. he's almost certainly out of my reckoning after anyway, good score or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RVP out suarez in

drunk-driving-problem.jpg

• Advertisement

Liverpool seem to have turned a corner and theyhave 2 home games in arow , utd are playing newcastle away next week and vpersie isnt the vpersie of last season

there are two many strikers in the mid range budget that are performing

Ba
    Crouch
    Fletcher
    Berbatov
    lambert
    defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Yaya --> Cazorla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Noble to Sterling. Keeping it simple. Noble was losing value. Sterling looks to have nailed down his place at Liverpool.

This weekend was a bit weird in the scoring so I'm giving my big hitters another chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Brought in jelavic for berbatov, a front three of jelavic,fletcher and suarez means I should be guaranteed a few goals every week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

I have Podolski and I have Hazard. I'm considering switching both out for better FPL players. Any suggestions? Thats a potential 18.8M in my bag. Need good FPL players. Suggestions please!

there are two many strikers in the mid range budget that are performing

Ba
    Crouch
    Fletcher
    Berbatov
    lambert
    defoe

Which brings me to a very important question. WHY HASN'T DEFOE SCORED DOUBLE DIGITS IN ANY GAMEWEEK?! He's better than that.

.. Just a bad FPL player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    I have Podolski and I have Hazard. I'm considering switching both out for better FPL players. Any suggestions? Thats a potential 18.8M in my bag. Need good FPL players. Suggestions please!

What's your definition of a good FPL player??? Hazard has the third highest points haul out of the entire league right now! I'm assuming you missed out on his 3 monster weeks?

Podolski has just played against Chelsea and Man City.....and has joined joined the EPL for the first time. All things considered he's had a great start. He could potentially be in the top 4/5 strikers at the end of the season.

Fizman wrote: »
    What's your definition of a good FPL player??? Hazard has the third highest points haul out of the entire league right now! I'm assuming you missed out on his 3 monster weeks?

Podolski has just played against Chelsea and Man City.....and has joined joined the EPL for the first time. All things considered he's had a great start. He could potentially be in the top 4/5 strikers at the end of the season.

My definition of a good FPL player is someone who is consistent as in -- good gameweek point returns on a regular basis. Someone like Baines, for example. I guess Hazard's risking a burn-out. And No, I didn't miss out on his 3 monster weeks. I missed out on the first of those but capitalized on the rest.

Podolski's potential is undoubted but I can't see him score consistently as he's still adjusting.
    I have him since the past 3 gameweeks.. and except for that game against the Saints and the one before (Liverpool), he's done very little (FPL wise) to justify his 8.5M pricetag.. But he's got WHU(Away), Norwich(Away) and QPR(Home) for his next fixtures... So, I'm wondering if I should hold onto him or get Jelavic (who has a fantastic set of fixtures coming up)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

9b65b16cd09ab761d01e7fe4fa8081ea.png?1349031929

dunno what to do this week, any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

darego wrote: »
    9b65b16cd09ab761d01e7fe4fa8081ea.png?1349031929

dunno what to do this week, any ideas?
    Rvp to aguero
    Or
    Kagawa to a.n. Other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I need to do something about my midfield..15 points between them this week, they're costing me 39.5 million :o

Jussi
    Gibbs - Ivanovic - Baines
    Michu - Sterling - Toure - Kagawa - Hazard
    Fletcher - Jelavic

Subs: D De Gea, Jenkinson, Berbatov, Clyne

I've 3 million in the bank, any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I need to do something about my midfield..15 points between them this week, they're costing me 39.5 million :o

Jussi
    Gibbs - Ivanovic - Baines
    Michu - Sterling - Toure - Kagawa - Hazard
    Fletcher - Jelavic

Subs: D De Gea, Jenkinson, Berbatov, Clyne

I've 3 million in the bank, any suggestions?

Get Gervinho into your midfield, he's playing as a striker. up to you who you drop for him, personally i'd drop ya ya, michu has 2 good home games, hazard has norwich at home this week, kagawa scored at the weekend but has some tricky fixtures coming up so maybe him either. Sterling is a very good cheap option and seems to have got his place in the liverpool side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Which brings me to a very important question. WHY HASN'T DEFOE GONE OVER DOUBLE DIGITS IN ANY SINGLE GAMEWEEK?! He's better than that.

.. Just a bad FPL player.

No one has ever gotten TRIPLE DIGITS in a single gameweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

RVP + Michu out

Bale + Suarez in

Madness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

mccard wrote: »
    RVP + Michu out

Bale + Suarez in

Madness?

Well considering getting rid of either RVP or Tevez myself, note sure i would go for Suarez, Ba seems to be on form at the moment. Only thing is the International break coming up after next weekend.

Think i might hold of on a transfer this week and have two for after the int. break. (just in case of any injuries)

No one has ever gotten TRIPLE DIGITS in a single gameweek!

DUH, by double digits, I MEAN A 10+ OR 20+ individual score for the gameweek! I didn't intend to place the words that way.

Thanos wrote: »
    Well considering getting rid of either RVP or Tevez myself, note sure i would go for Suarez, Ba seems to be on form at the moment. Only thing is the International break coming up after next weekend.

Think i might hold of on a transfer this week and have two for after the int. break. (just in case of any injuries)

Yeah good call, will prob hold out until after the International break too.

Only thing holding me back from getting Ba in is the poxy Thursday night games in the Europa. He's had his injures, not sure he could play that many games if Newcastle are playing twice a week.

Do I need to make any transfers this gameweek? Everyone's got good fixtures.

P.S. : Try not to flame at my choice for Podolski on the bench, I'll shift him around before the GW begins

capturepp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Do I need to make any transfers this gameweek? Everyone's got good fixtures.]

save the transfer, 100% IMO.

you just have choices to make in the starting lineup is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Right Ladies and Gentlemen, I come looking for advice. Situation is not looking good ATM bottom of private league and bottom of boards.ie league (1,034) :rolleyes:. This is my first year doing this and I never knew about the wildcard thing, things started so bad I made a few changes in one go (-48) a few weeks back. Playing my wildcard this week and have come up with the following... any thoughts?? I kind of need to get like 200 a week now just to get into the top 500 :)

premv.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that's actually a pretty decent long term team.

i wouldn't have 2 Liverpool attackers; you might think about some Chelsea cover.

same with City really. until they show proper goalscoring form it's very risky to play 2 of their players in midfield and attack. you're losing out on so many other teams.

Jenkinson is not a good long term option as Sagna will be back soon by all accounts.

but as i say, the team you have is solid enough going forward IMO.

SlickRic wrote: »
    that's actually a pretty decent long term team.

i wouldn't have 2 Liverpool attackers; you might think about some Chelsea cover.

same with City really. until they show proper goalscoring form it's very risky to play 2 of their players in midfield and attack. you're losing out on so many other teams.

Jenkinson is not a good long term option as Sagna will be back soon by all accounts.

but as i say, the team you have is solid enough going forward IMO.

Ya, I'm undecided about a few players maybe Cazorla/Fellaini for either Toure/Kagawa/Gervinho. Shawcross maybe Kompany/Ferdinand/Jagielka.

:) In the end of the day though Il probably be still getting s.hite GW points...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

p.oconnor wrote: »
    Right Ladies and Gentlemen, I come looking for advice. Situation is not looking good ATM bottom of private league and bottom of boards.ie league (1,034) :rolleyes:. This is my first year doing this and I never knew about the wildcard thing, things started so bad I made a few changes in one go (-48) a few weeks back. Playing my wildcard this week and have come up with the following... any thoughts?? I kind of need to get like 200 a week now just to get into the top 500 :)

premv.png
    Not too bad, unlucky with the high points hit by not using the wildcard. Stick with this forum and you will be climbing up them tables in no time and be learning the tricks of the trade :)...

But just by having a quick look how about:

Aguero for Tevez

Steven Fletcher for Suarez

Pienaar/ Fellaini/ Ben Arfa for Toure

And as said Jenkinson to somebody else.

• Advertisement

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Not too bad, unlucky with the high points hit by not using the wildcard. Stick with this forum and you will be climbing up them tables in no time and be learning the tricks of the trade :)...

But just by having a quick look how about:

Aguero for Tevez

Steven Fletcher for Suarez

Pienaar/ Fellaini/ Ben Arfa for Toure

And as said Jenkinson to somebody else.

Would Suarez not be a better long term player then Steven Fletcher I wonder?

Would Suarez not be a better long term player then Steven Fletcher I wonder?
    He possibly mite be but who knows. Suarez was a frustrating Fantasy Football player last season. I know he got a hat-trick on saturday but he also done the same against a leaky Norwich defence last season. This is just my opinion on him and i will no doubt be proven wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Capture.jpg

I'm really at a loss at to what to do this week. Considering playing my wildcard. Any advice?

He possibly mite be but who knows. Suarez was a frustrating Fantasy Football player last season. I know he got a hat-trick on saturday but he also done the same against a leaky Norwich defence last season. This is just my opinion on him and i will no doubt be proven wrong.

:).... Don't worry my opinion doesn't seem to count for anything with this FF craic anyway... but sure things have to get better for me:rolleyes:

I think you'd be absolutely mad to ship him out before the next 2 GWs anyway. His value should increase too so you should even get that benefit.

Any advice?

I would'nt insult you with my opinion ;)

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    I think you'd be absolutely mad to ship him out before the next 2 GWs anyway. His value should increase too so you should even get that benefit.
    Thats a fair point but i was looking at the long run since he was using his wildcard. His next 2 fixtures are favourable home games but the 3 after that are tough.

Made a few changes.... Its driving me fcuking mad .... Far too much choice with this wildcard thing :)

preml.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Made a few changes.... Its driving me fcuking mad .... Far too much choice with this wildcard thing :)

preml.png

Your subs are weak IMO. You need to strengthen, you'll get a lot more points with a strong bench

Only one Everton player is risky they have a good run of games and are in great form. Two at the least maybe Baines or Jelavic

I know he scored this weekend but Kagawa is very risky also

I wouldn't be so sure that Sagna is going to walk straight back into the Arsenal side. Jenkinson has been one of their best players so far this season. Sagna is going to have a fight on his hands.

Jenkinson is a gooner as well so Wenger knows he will fight for the cause whereas Sagna was mouthing off to the press a few weeks back about being disillusioned with Arsenals transfer policy.

article-2210062-1540BE66000005DC-319_634x466.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Currently being tempted by:

Tevez, RVP, Pogrebnyak out;
    Jelavic, Aguero, Ba in.

Any thoughts? Pog has been a benchwarmer given that I mostly play 3-5-2, but the strikers are the ones pulling in major points at the moment. I have two free transfers, so the above would be a 4-point hit. Ba and Aguero are creeping towards price rises, so I don't have long to decide - I have nothing in the bank.

Van Persie will hit his stride again, I've no doubt, and I'm worried about how hard it'd be to accommodate him when he does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Think i'll bring Jelavic back in for Tevez and then RVP for Torres the following week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Think i'll bring Jelavic back in for Tevez and then RVP for Torres the following week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Augero and petric in for Tevez and fletcher.. Will switch to berba as soon as he's back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Hi,

team is currently, not sure what choices to make

Jusse, bega

Gibbs,Bertrand,ridgewell,Clarke,demel,

Santi,pienaar,michu,hazard,sterling

Berba,tevez,rvp

0.3 in the bank and 2 free transfers, not sure what to do this week, any opinions please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Is Tevez - Suarez worth it? At the moment they are both worth the same to me, 9.4m, but Tevez just seems like too much of a rotation risk.

Reckon my GW transfer will be McClean -> Bale later on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yaya to Bale.
    Foster
    Baines - Jenkinson - Clyne
    Bale - Felliani - Michu - Cazorla
    Van Persie - Aquero - Lambert
    SUBS: Demel, Cuellar, Britton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

What's the situation with Berbatov? Brought him in last week in the latest of a series of epic fails.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    What's the situation with Berbatov? Brought him in last week in the latest of a series of epic fails.

Expected to be back for GW 8.

Gameweek 7 captain?

Jelavic (away to Wigan)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement