Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vigil for Jill Meagher in UCD?

Options
  • 30-09-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Like most people, I was pretty moved/shocked/upset at the Jill Meagher case.

There's been vigils so far in her hometown of Drogheda and in Melbourne yesterday.

Jill studied in UCD, worked here in the student bar and met her husband Tom in the college.

I was thinking this morning that it be nice to hold a short vigil in her memory on campus and wanted to gauge people's feelings here. I'd imagine it as a short, silent and dignified vigil outside the Arts block on Wednesday or Thurs morning at lunchtime.

Anyway, let me know. If people think it could be a good thing, we can set up a FB event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

It sounds like a good idea. Get the SU or some societies involved possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I remember her very well from the bar, flying around with the tower of glasses... never falling over either! She was a pleasure to talk to, a good friend to many people and actually had a positive impact on my life, even though our paths only crossed once a week for a few years, mostly in a superficial way.

I always think of the student bar when I think of her, as that's where we all would meet and laugh and act like bloody students! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

1968 wrote: »
    Like most people, I was pretty moved/shocked/upset at the Jill Meagher case.

There's been vigils so far in her hometown of Drogheda and in Melbourne yesterday.

Jill studied in UCD, worked here in the student bar and met her husband Tom in the college.

I was thinking this morning that it be nice to hold a short vigil in her memory on campus and wanted to gauge people's feelings here. I'd imagine it as a short, silent and dignified vigil outside the Arts block on Wednesday or Thurs morning at lunchtime.

Anyway, let me know. If people think it could be a good thing, we can set up a FB event.

Great Idea I would be up for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 katie molly meg

I was thinking that too, how come there wasnt anything done by the college? Do they only do something if he or she is a current student? must be. I thought there would be something, time has kinda passed now.

Advertisement