Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book club Maynooth/Leixlip/Kilcock area

Options
  • 30-09-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I was thinking I'd like to join/start a book club in Maynooth. I'm living in Maynooth but don't know many from around.

If anyone knows one in these areas can you let me know?

Or

If anyone is interested in starting one let me know. I was thinking 7pm-ish and either every second Tuesday/Thursday or the last Tuesday/Thursday of every month. And I was thinking of maybe meeting in the Glenn Royal.....maybe....if anyone is interested let me know...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Have a look at your local library? http://www.kildare.ie/Library/Library/maynoothlibrary/BookClubs/
    One of the other libraries (e.g. Celbridge) might have a better variety of clubs for you to choose from. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Al2011

Thanks prenderb, I did check before with Maynooth library and they said that their book club was full, although that could be a year ago now. Thanks for letting me know though

I've 2 other people interested in starting a new so if there's anyone else let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Theres a book club in Leixlip library that I think runs on a Tuesday, but I could be wrong about the day.

Thanks djimi, have emailed them to see if there's places.

Also prender b have emailed Maynooth lib to see if there's any places.

I heard back from Maynooth - The Monday night club is full at the moment. There are vacancies in the Saturday afternoon club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Al2011 wrote: »
    I heard back from Maynooth - The Monday night club is full at the moment. There are vacancies in the Saturday afternoon club

I'd be interested in something in the evenings, Tuesdays would suit me better. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if we get enough people to get it going

Well we've 5 so far for a Tuesday night.

We'll try and see if we can get a few more before we start!!

YAY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jenjen90

hi Im in Kilcock but want to join as well... Tuesday is fine for me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kadok123

Hi there,
    I think a book club in Maynooth would be great!!! Tuesdays suit me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Hi

Any update on this, folks? I'd be interested, PM me :)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Id be interested in this.
    Im on the waiting list for the Celbridge one

Hey guys, just sent you both a pm we're definitely going ahead with this so if any one else is interested just pm me too :-)

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know, incase you're interested, that another Bookclub has started in Maynooth.

I'm not running it but you can email if you wanted to go, pm me and I can send you the email address.

Advertisement