Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instead of being moved my thread in ''louth'' got deleted

Options
  • 30-09-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hello. I created a topic that was meant for the Christianity forum. I didnt realise I was in the louth forum. So after realising my mistake I made a second post kindly acknowledging my mistake and asking if someone could move it to the Christianity forum where it belongs. Instead the whole post was deleted without any Private message given to notify me of that and the reason why.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ever thought of pming the mods and asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Is there a rule that I must pm the mods and ask for a thread to be moved? I thought it was pretty clear in my thread that I made that mistake. Mods ever think of just working on intiative?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I meant you should pm the mods and ask them why it wasn't moved.

I have but no reply yet. I'll just sit on it and wait then?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Did you bother to take the initiative to look in the Christianity forum for it?

• Advertisement

I did. But as an administrator even you should be aware of the reality that when a post gets moved its title remains in the old forum as ''moved''.

I've been to Christianity forum and it aint there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Onesimus wrote: »
    I did. But as an administrator even you should be aware of the reality that when a post gets moved its title remains in the old forum as ''moved''.

I've been to Christianity forum and it aint there.

As someone that's been on boards for 2 years, you should be aware of the search function, surely?

Using the search function (by clicking on your profile and searching for threads you've created) I found your thread, and it was moved before you created this thread.

Moderators have the ability to keep a shortcut to your thread on their forum, or simply move it without creating the shortcut. The mod that kindly moved your thread chose the second option, I imagine this is because you knew you posted it in the wrong forum, so you would have naturally known that it would be moved in due course, so they didn't need to keep a redirect on their forum, keeping it nice and tidy.

Hope that helps.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Very tempted to move this to HelpDesk but I think that might just confuse matters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement