Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSI GTX 660ti GPU, Compatibility Please Help

Options
  • 30-09-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Ordered a build oh of hardwareversand last week it arrived on Friday when I put it together. Had the system put on it last night so this morning I went about install drivers. Did the mobo ones first off of the disc that came with it. When I went to install the GPU drivers I went and downloaded them off of the MSI website have all the right drivers. But it's giving me the error when I try install of. "cannot pickup this hardware" the motherboard is a ASRock z77 pro3. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong and that its compatible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

What's your graphics card?

Edit: My bad, didn't read title. Assuming you have a 64-bit OS, these are the ones you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Sorry still getting the same error coming up. The GPU is powering up and everything. Would there be a fault in the actual GPU? Are the motherboard and GPU compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

They should be compatible.

Check that the graphics card is in the slot properly - maybe take it out and press it firmly back in.

Also check that you have power connected to the card.

Have a look too to see if you can see the card in the BIOS/UEFI when the system starts up.

The card is in properly. Would trying a different PCI slot be of any use? This is my first build and i was following a tutoriel so not sure if different ones are used for priority or anything.

Its getting power the fans are spinning up.

What am i looking for in the BIOS if i was to check it?

Look under peripheral devices or PCI or something to just try to find if it's actually being detected.

You could try the other slot, yeah, but you wouldn't be leaving it in there as it runs at a lower speed. That's assuming that you're using the primary PCI-E slot to begin with.

• Advertisement

Been looking around on google abit. Apparently this is a common problem but nobody says if they've found the solution to it. Would I be best off sending the Motherboard back to hardwareversand or would its be ASRock that I would be sending it to.

If it was in the last month, I'd definitely be looking back at hardwareversand.

Monotype wrote: »
    If it was in the last month, I'd definitely be looking back at hardwareversand.

I only got the past Friday gone. Ill ring them up later on so.

There's other threads on the main building forum about people returning items to them so I'd search for those to know what to expect. Most times it goes smoothly enough, although from what I read, it can take a while to get a hold of an English speaker.

Advertisement