Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kid has "firework"?? gun in our estate!!

Options
  • 30-09-2012 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

Driving up the main rd outside my estate, I seen two boys (both of whom I know frm my estate, about 14yrs of age). One was firing this gun type thing which emitted what I can only describe as fireworks, they leapt about 10 feet and made that very loud popping, cracking sound fireworks make. I was a bit alarmed and then as I passed, he shot it straight at the car. Frightened the life out of me. I stopped the car but they ran off.
    My question is what is this "toy" and is it legal and should a 14yr old be in possession of it. Anyone any ideas??:mad:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭boiledsweets

report it immediately to the gardai,say there is activity in that area,and your car got shot at..just tell them to be aware there are kids going around with these things at halloween.

btw,if you recognise the kid,i would say have a quite,diplomatic word in a calm tone of voice with the parenets about the fact he fired this thing at your car.

last thing you want is this to esculate to a burnt out car when you wake up in the morning going on your way to work..

inform the police anyway,thats would be my first port of call.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Sounds a bit like a Roman candle.

Whether it was a firework or a firearm it's not legal for them to be firing it, especially not at you.

Talk to the Gardai and (if the parents aren't scumbags) talk to the parents too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If the little "Tard is holding onto a Roman candle,it wont be long before he is down in the burns unit getting a skin graft,or learning to pick his nose with a steel hook!:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Either which way report it to AGS and le them talk to the morons who are his parents and letting him muck around with fireworks in a dangerous manner.:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tell the Gardai.

Unless you know the parents, don't bother speaking to them, as they'll either just defend the kid (the usual "my kid would never do that, he's a little angel, must be someone else"), and/or may even say to the kid that "X said you were shooting fireworks at his car". If you like your car, you don't want to bring it to the attention of the local scum!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement