Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery fault on alarm system

Options
  • 30-09-2012 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

How do i change a battery in a secure watch hkc house alarm
    Battery fault on panel. Is this something i can do myself.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need a 12 volt dc rechargeable battery .
    Open the panel by removing the screw at the center top .
    The alarm will activate , disarm it with your user code.
    The battery will be sitting on the bottom with a red & black lead attached.
    Remove these & take the battery out. Replace the connections onto a new battery, observing the polarity with the red & black.
    Close up the panel, job done!
    If your not sure of the battery , bring the old one with you when going for the replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Turn off the mains power then go about the steps above :-) safety first

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Mains power is well away from the battery . But If your not comfortable and your happy I to leave the external ringing by all means turn off the mains power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Don't worry about the external bell . It will stop sounding when the new battery is connected :-) better to be safe ;)
    Turn off the mains (external sabb will sound).
    Open up the panel.
    Remove battery clips.
    Swap with a 12v 7.2 Ah battery( external bell will stop but internal will sound )
    Make sure to connect leads red to red
    Black to black .
    Disarm with you code to silence the bells.

Close up the panel ensuring to hook the bottom in first then screw shut
    Turn on mains :-)

OT Posts deleted.
    PMs sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement