Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 7 Episode 1 "Are You..?" (Spoilers within)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

While I'd say a good few people inside the department would think Dexter was doing a good thing by getting rid of the scum I dont imagine thats why LaGuerta took the blood slide; if anything I'd say she did in in the hope it could clear Doakes name as herself and Doakes were quite close if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

JohnK wrote: »
    While I'd say a good few people inside the department would think Dexter was doing a good thing by getting rid of the scum I dont imagine thats why LaGuerta took the blood slide; if anything I'd say she did in in the hope it could clear Doakes name as herself and Doakes were quite close if I remember correctly.

She's always seems to have had a thing for Dexter over the years as well, although I couldn't work out whether it was admiration or attraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

aDcMc.png

ahYkJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

What's that second picture trying to point out? That the watches are the same?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

El Spearo wrote: »
    there is one immediate problem with the show..

it was so bloody good im gonna be up until 3am watching it every single week! what an episode...

part of me is devastated were coming to a close with these two seasons but at the same time, they have initiated probably one of the best thought out climaxes to a series ever.

Bravo. Roll on next week.

wait, this is the last season of dexter?

I lost interest a while back when I heard they were going to drag it out for as long as they could with villain after villain, season after season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

wait, this is the last season of dexter?
    No, the executive producer confirmed season 8 will be it's last.
    Since the show has been renewed for two more seasons, is this definitely the end?

Colleton:
    This was definite. We wanted to end it this year, but the network convinced us that it would be best to do it in two years. In some ways, this is a two-season series-ender. We have worked that out and know where it's going to end. Next year will definitely be the last year of Dexter. Absolutely.
    Source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

shizz wrote: »
    What's that second picture trying to point out? That the watches are the same?

The same bracelets

evil_seed wrote: »
    The same bracelets

Like that there's something of importance with them? Cause he took it off your one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

evil_seed wrote: »
    The same bracelets

Like that there's something of importance with them? Cause he took it off your one?

I think he had already split before that scene above where Quinn was interviewing the girl, so they seem to be matching bracelets. Also, they practically zoomed in on it on dexters boat so I wont be shocked if it turns out to be important. They don't so subtlety too well these days on dexter.

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    I think he had already split before that scene above where Quinn was interviewing the girl, so they seem to be matching bracelets. Also, they practically zoomed in on it on dexters boat so I wont be shocked if it turns out to be important. They don't so subtlety too well these days on dexter.

They really don't. I haven't look back through this thread, but did anyone else notice the awful amount of Apple product placing? Absolutely everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I just hope that they dont drag out a whole story around Deb trying to 'cure' Dexter over the season as opposed to draggin out the story of her finding out about him

Was a brilliant opening Ep. I reckon LaGuerta will end up using the slide to try to clear Doakes name and in the end be up against Dex (and Deb)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

some people think they might be tracking devices to keep track of the strippers if they run away, their obviously there illegally or being trafficked,

if it is a tracker, id say the ukrainians will come looking for the guy who had it and probably end up finding a few of the bodies that dexter has dumped since he changed where he dumped them, their suppose to get dragged out by a current into the gulf, but no doubt a few will be found with the tracker, if that is what it is,

it could be the bay harbor butcher returning, which LaGuerta will love if she is in fact gonna try clear doaked name with that blood slide she took,
    They really don't. I haven't look back through this thread, but did anyone else notice the awful amount of Apple product placing? Absolutely everywhere.

who cares, apple products and others are in every show on TV now, if people dont like it, then they should stop watching TV, period, these product placement are meant to be in your face, companies pay good money to ensure this, money that helps keep a show like this and many others going, ive had 2 iphone in 5 years, i hate macs and dont like tablets, i like my desktop PC that i built myself, and i have an iphone for on go, i dont need a E1200 macbook air, or a stinking 32GB E500 ipad, so they can throw whatever the hell they like in there,

don ramo wrote: »
    some people think they might be tracking devices to keep track of the strippers if they run away, their obviously there illegally or being trafficked,

if it is a tracker, id say the ukrainians will come looking for the guy who had it and probably end up finding a few of the bodies that dexter has dumped since he changed where he dumped them, their suppose to get dragged out by a current into the gulf, but no doubt a few will be found with the tracker, if that is what it is,

it could be the bay harbor butcher returning, which LaGuerta will love if she is in fact gonna try clear doaked name with that blood slide she took,

Aye this seems like a likely scenario if they are tracking devices.

who cares, apple products and others are in every show on TV now, if people dont like it, then they should stop watching TV, period, these product placement are meant to be in your face, companies pay good money to ensure this, money that helps keep a show like this and many others going, ive had 2 iphone in 5 years, i hate macs and dont like tablets, i like my desktop PC that i built myself, and i have an iphone for on go, i dont need a E1200 macbook air, or a stinking 32GB E500 ipad, so they can throw whatever the hell they like in there,

Woooooh! I understand the idea of it, but It was so in your face it was really off putting. I began to notice them so much I lost what was going on screen and it was turning into "spot the Apple product". I mean the whole thing with him searching the finger prints on the app. The scene was practically " look here's an iphone! Keep looking..... Ok its gone... NO ITS BACK AGAIN". I know its a bit ridiculous to care but it was a tad annoying.

It just seems like they seriously upped the product placement from the last seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Didn't LaGuerta sneak it out from under Vince's nose after being told that Doakes was the only one who used to use those at crime scenes?

Yeah but before that she found it at the church in a floor grid after it showed it up close and in slow motion earlier falling into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

irish son wrote: »
    Yeah but before that she found it at the church in a floor grid after it showed it up close and in slow motion earlier falling into it.

I know she did. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The worst product placement for me was the Budweiser.

Get better beer ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

That was certainly a marked improved on the drivel we've endured for the last two seasons anyway, well, the stuff with Debra unravelling who Dexter is anyway.

The airport stuff was absolutely RIDICULOUS and it still leaves me without much hope for the series if the writers can throw something as criminally ****ing retarded as that into the show. It is literally the worst, most inept and most farcical kill they have ever thrown into it. **** sake.

I mean you don't even have to go as far as the airport itself in order to see that.

It further emphasized that in the show with the city with the most serial killers in the world, they also have the worst police force in the entire world. At the car scene itself, Masuka said that they swept the car up and down and couldn't find his prints, yet hello, Dexter comes along and finds a print on a place everybody else always seems to miss.

What place is that? The indicator switch. Now I dunno about you, but surely it's the FIRST place you would look for fingerprints seeing as you probably use your index finger on it more than anywhere else on the bloody car if you're the driver!

Oh and it took the only competent defective they have a few hours to realize there was no car at a church in the complete middle of nowhere, I could've figured that out! Of course they kill him off so that our other totally incompetent detectives are fine to be sh!t again.

The airport scene was purely a plot device so that we assumed Dexter was on the run at the start, yawn.

Cina wrote: »
    The airport stuff was absolutely RIDICULOUS and it still leaves me without much hope for the series if the writers can throw something as criminally ****ing retarded as that into the show. It is literally the worst, most inept and most farcical kill they have ever thrown into it. **** sake.

Unless, of course, it does come back to bite him in the ass. But in that case, I'd have expected a 10 second shot of a security camera watching Dexter just so the audience copped on to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Pretty good episode. First time in about 2-3 years that they didn't insult the viewer's intelligence by whitewashing over previous season cliffhangers ("Kyle who?"). Although as pointed out, they still had Dexter doing criminally retarded **** like killing someone inside an airport lost luggage room.

Pity Enver Gjokaj was only in it for a single episode. He was pretty awesome in Dollhouse. (Although he might have been made look better by the fact that he was acting alongside Eliza Dushku).

Glad to see the Doakes case revisited. Hope LaGuerta gets to clear his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Browser

Makes me wonder how much Deb will interrogate Dexter. She KNOWS that he is the Bay Harbor Butcher. Ergo she knows that Doakes was innocent. And she's sure as hell going to know that Dexter obviously was involved with Trinity in some way.

• Advertisement

Makes me wonder how much Deb will interrogate Dexter. She KNOWS that he is the Bay Harbor Butcher. Ergo she knows that Doakes was innocent. And she's sure as hell going to know that Dexter obviously was involved with Trinity in some way.
    so shell know that it was dexters fault that rita was killed, so how can she feel bad for the guy, he got his wife killed and had to deal with it be himself,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Best episode in two years.. with the only glaring area being of course the airport scene. I mean what if someone had lost luggage? Dexter used to carefully choose his locations but that was utterly thrown out the window this week.

Still very glad Debs found out so quickly. Now what we need to see is what she does next. Obviously he'll confess as to who he killed but I really hope she doesn't dismiss it because she's in llurrrrrvveee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Had practically given up and this show and had sworn not to bother with this season, when I finished last season.

Couldn't resist though and finally watched the season opener tonight.

Epic. The episode was better than the last two seasons put together. Not saying a lot I know but, it was bloody great.

ixoy wrote: »
    Best episode in two years.. with the only glaring area being of course the airport scene. I mean what if someone had lost luggage? Dexter used to carefully choose his locations but that was utterly thrown out the window this week.

it was more than likely suppose to convey the stress hes under, with deb annoying him and somebody cancelling all his credit cards, plus as stated on the door it was a baggage reclaim room that had specific hours, the only issue is the camera that was outside

it baffles me how so many people just accept the raw images at face value, rather than thinking of the circumstances that lead to it, dexter is clearly freaked,

i think the writers and set director know how to set up the kill room by now, i doubt they came in one day and said **** it lets use bag straps to hold him down, and lets not bother with this chopping up the body stuff anymore,

its all done for a reason,

i think the writers and set director know how to set up the kill room by now, i doubt they came in one day and said **** it lets use bag straps to hold him down, and lets not bother with this chopping up the body stuff anymore,

I hope you're right, but I think you're giving them a bit too much credit. There have been plenty of plot holes over the seasons.

Maybe the whole airport thing wasn't purely to make the viewer think that he was fleeing for half the episode, but it wouldn't surprise me. I do think it's been dumbed down a little in recent seasons.

Eoin wrote: »
    I hope you're right, but I think you're giving them a bit too much credit. There have been plenty of plot holes over the seasons.

Maybe the whole airport thing wasn't purely to make the viewer think that he was fleeing for half the episode, but it wouldn't surprise me. I do think it's been dumbed down a little in recent seasons.

But when you think about it, it does seem like the reason for the kill. I think the monologue was even emphasising how much he needed the kill. It was his only way to "stay in control".

But also,The airport thing at the start was used completely to make the viewer think he was fleeing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

the only issue is the camera that was outside
    And getting back out of the airport.
    it baffles me how so many people just accept the raw images at face value, rather than thinking of the circumstances that lead to it, dexter is clearly freaked,
    Yes he was obviously freaked - everybody got that. I still don't think they handled it well or at least if there's no repercussions to his rash actions. If that camera comes back into the storyline then I'll be happy.
    Based on Season 5 & 6, I've little faith that the writers are writing intelligently with carefully thought out plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

But when you think about it, it does seem like the reason for the kill. I think the monologue was even emphasising how much he needed the kill. It was his only way to "stay in control".

But also,The airport thing at the start was used completely to make the viewer think he was fleeing.

I dont see the problem. He lost control and is becoming reckless and making mistakes. He is starting to change and its causing him to make mistakes. The camera will obviously come back into the story line with the Ukrainians. All i know is that weird computer guy is going to be getting a needle to the neck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Getting out of the airport wouldn't have been an issue. US airports are fairly light on security on the way out - some have the baggage claim right beside the exit door - even someone off the street could come in an claim a bag.

Avoiding cameras is a different issue. But let's assume that unless a crime is known to have happened no-one is going to actively look for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Spoiler Alert,Dexter does it again.
    1. Enters Airport security showing injections which any security man would know were not for diabetes without requiring doctors note
    2.Wheelchair beside him when needed as was toilet cleaning barrier,toilet empty
    3. Unmanned and unlocked unclaimed baggage room dead handy outside toilet
    4.manages to get back out through security with body
    i can suspend my belief just so much but with this luck he will never get caught.

• Advertisement

ninty wrote: »
    Spoiler Alert,Dexter does it again.
    1. Enters Airport security showing injections which any security man would know were not for diabetes without requiring doctors note
    I can't really speak on this. Not sure what diabetes needles look like.
    2.Wheelchair beside him when needed as was toilet cleaning barrier,toilet empty

To be fair, his plan was due to the fact that these things were near by.

3. Unmanned and unlocked unclaimed baggage room dead handy outside toilet

It was unmanned as it was only used during certain times of the day IIRC as the poster on the door stated and also it was locked, Dexter picked the lock.
    4.manages to get back out through security with body
    i can suspend my belief just so much but with this luck he will never get caught.

I doubt there is much security coming back out of departures. Due to the baggage claim area he was in we can assume he wasn't near security as he wasn't boarding a plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

He was coming back out of departures not arrivals so dont know how easy this is (would assume you have to go back through security in case you have bought duty free,etc) especially with baggage as you should not have any,Diabetes needles are similar to fountain pens with a dose regulator on it,needle part would be no longer than quarter inch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hmmm, just watched this on TV.After the laughable previous two seasons I needed to give Dexter a break as I was no longer enjoying it.I thought this episode was good and I liked the closing scene with Debra (as long as it doesn't turn out to be a dream sequence!) BUT, yet again, I really dislike how the producers and script writers are working under the misapprehension that the viewers are idiots.There were so many plot holes and the airport scene was really ridiculous.I'm keen to see what happens though.I've said from Season One that I think Debra and Dexter will get together so this could be a possibility if he thinks she's going to shop him??

Advertisement