Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going bald worrying about going grey

• 30-09-2012 3:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Eventually, whether we like it or not, most of us (sadly, particularly, the men), will go bald and / or grey. So fellow boardsies, if you had the choice, would you rather be bald or grey ?? (NB, hair dye or transplants don't exist :D )

Would you rather be bald or grey? 14 votes

Bald
    0%
    Grey
    100%
    jimmycrackcormglynfKhannieRafloutionbaldbearMJ23OnesimusMartyn1989woodooNinjaKLiamKK1982PizzamanIRLRistiano ConaldoNeewbie_noob 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The only thing about going bald that bothers me is the direction the baldness is going. Unfortunatly mine is thinning from the crown, would much rather prefer the reciding hairline, and not quite ready to attack it with the Mach3.

As for the grey, I have a few specks around the sides, and think they do like kinda cool and mature looking when the hair is cut short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Well I have my father's hair genetics.

He receded in his early 20s a little (like moi) and has a developed a bit of bald patch and his thining a bit on top. Still has about 60-70% of his hair.

But the thing is he hasn't gotten one grey hair. Same hair colour as me still and is 54 coming 55. I worry about him going bald though, much rather he went grey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Prob prefer grey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Grey - at least the grey hair (which I have) is still able to keep my head warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

most of my mates are either balding or gray and there only in there 30s I how ever have a full head of hair :cool:

But Im a scrawny fvck :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

It has to be grey. You can look cool bald for sure, but it's harder than looking cool grey. Sometimes going grey makes a man better looking in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Grey all the way.

I started receding in my early twenties, which was worrying, but that's stopped now. All the men in the family had/have full heads of hair.

Steadily growing greyer, and it actually helps as I'm fairly young to be where I am career wise. Might be my imagination, but I think those with a few grey hairs get taken more seriously by their elders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Grey. At least you have a full head of hair...

But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go bald as I get older as I've been losing a lot of hair already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Grey, well it's working for George Clooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Snowie wrote: »
    most of my mates are either balding or gray and there only in there 30s I how ever have a full head of hair :cool:

It's okay if you've got a thin head, you only need a 3 hair comb-over to cover the whole lot. No-one will ever notice.

Being as most of the males in my family are as bald as coots, and have been since their 20s and 30s, I'm holding up surprisingly well, so much so that I think that I must have been adopted from a particularly hairy gene-pool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Grey

Please. Do i need to comment on this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

It is going to happen , hasn't started yet but both my father and grandfather were bald at my age (28) so bound to happen
    Don't see why going grey would bother anyone :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Not really sure if either would bother me.
    If I was bald it would be a great excuse to wear a hat 24/7 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

gey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I don't understand why, men especially, fear going grey. Most women have no problem at all with it and it can actually look quite sexy on a lot of guys ;)

Baldness on the other hand...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You can dye grey black. If you're bald, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I love how whenever there's talk about grey hair someone always mentions George Clooney.. as if his hair is the only thing he has going for him!

MJ23 wrote: »
    Please. Do i need to comment on this ?

Is it going to be a long lecture filled with paragrpahs?thats going to hurt my eyes then no please save your time on some one more willing to converse in such, long debates that don't really matter :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

I'm hoping a hair loss cure will be out in 30 years time anyway when I'm 56, incase the worst comes to the worst. I should have most of my hair till I'm 60, after that I'm not sure! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I love how whenever there's talk about grey hair someone always mentions George Clooney.. as if his hair is the only thing he has going for him!

Are you insinuating I'm not as rich or good looking as George Clooney??

Well you're not wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I voted grey but it never would of bothered me going bald,I would have just kept it shaved, Anyway at the moment its 50 shades of gray for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Grey. Or white. I already have a couple of white hairs. My Pop is going bald, but my Granddad had a full head o' hair. I really, really don't want want to go bald. My hair and beard are the only things I got going for me! Although a sixty year old man with white ringlets will probably look ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I don't understand why, men especially, fear going grey. Most women have no problem at all with it and it can actually look quite sexy on a lot of guys ;)

Baldness on the other hand...:P

I remember a bunch of women talk about the subject while on a lunch break at work once, saying how they would much prefer a man to have a full head of hair.

Despite this, they were constantly drooling over two of the guys at work who hadn't a hair on their head. Go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Baldness suits certain head and face shapes but I think grey hair is preferable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Madam Marie

I'm hoping a hair loss cure will be out in 30 years time anyway when I'm 56, incase the worst comes to the worst. I should have most of my hair till I'm 60, after that I'm not sure! :p

There is a cure: Money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The decision has already been made for me unfortunately and it's going light on top, not very noticable yet but I guess it is only a matter of time.

My old man had a full head of hair but I seem to take after my uncles who were all as bald as coots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I hate hair.

I don't know if AH standards are slipping or getting better but the always regurgitated "Hair today - gone tomorrow!" pun has not already appeared yet.

...Maybe there's hope for "After Hours!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Biggins wrote: »
    I don't know if AH standards are slipping or getting better but the always regurgitated "Hair today - gone tomorrow!" pun has not already appeared yet.

...Maybe there's hope for "After Hours!" :D

''After Hairs'' maybe?!

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    ''After Hairs'' maybe?!

* O' GAWD!!! *

* Bangs head on desk *

:pac:

I onc found a gray pube :( is that bad.

I onc found a gray pube :( is that bad.

Depends if the bloke minded you looking!

Depends if the bloke minded you looking!

no it was on me like i was like :eek: there hasn't been another sice tho :cool:one time thing ?:confused:

no it was on me like i was like :eek: there hasn't been another sice tho :cool:one time thing ?:confused:

...Was joking but I suspect you know that! ;):D

Grey hairs pop up all over the place. I wouldn't stress about it unless it becomes a frequent occurrence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Grey hairs pop up all over the place. I wouldn't stress about it unless it becomes a frequent occurrence.

Even if it does become a frequent occurrence he shouldn't stress about it.

Its just a grey hair, not a disease.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Giselle wrote: »
    Really??? REALLY????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Maybe it is..

smash wrote: »
    Really??? REALLY????

Yes.

I promise.:)

...Was joking but I suspect you know that! ;):D

One can never be to sure of the general sex of a fellow boardie so I was just afirming stuff...:pac:
    Even if it does become a frequent occurrence he shouldn't stress about it.

look its ok for you guys to say so tho for me personally it worries me :( its just anther sign of ageing which kinda sucks even tho its a part of life.. :)

Really??? REALLY????

Yes.

I promise.:)
    I'm suspicious. Can you back up your claim with some hard evidence?

• Advertisement

My Granddad told me. :)

My Granddad told me. :)
    Was he grey or bald when he told you?

Was he grey or bald when he told you?

He's a chimpanzee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm starting to go grey, and I'm 17. :{

He's a chimpanzee.

Is that your way of saying I don't, want to talk about it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

My father had black hair and is going grey, but all my uncles, on both sides, had brown hair and are going bald. I have the brown but hopefully I'll go grey rather than bald.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Grey every time, even without the option just being able to use dye to get around it they have it way better. Bald people get 2 choices, shave or do a number 3 all over, any other style means you look like a weirdo or a pedo or both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

At least u can do something about grey, but there has to be some cut-off point on the bottle of dye.

My hair was bloody awful and greasy, so balding and shaving the lot was a mixed blessing. Cleaner, more hygenic but bloody COLD in this climate so the beanie is standard headgear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Grey
    I hear there's 50 shades of grey, there's only one type of bald.

Grey it is then.

Advertisement